F-1 Student to H-1B Work Visa Status

palookaa

Registered Users (C)
This is an extremely important message and I would greatly appreciate an early response!

My F-1 student status has expired, but in the meantime, my company applied for my H-1B petition which is in process and I have received my WAC # as well. I need assistance with the following as I am currently in the "change of status" mode:

1] What are the legalities with regards to working for this employer or transfering my H-1 petition to a new employer while I am in a "change of status from F-1 to H-1"?

2] Can I transfer this H-1 petition to a new company while I wait for approval and 'thus'- is it possible for me to start work immediately?

3] How long does it take for transferring the H-1 from the first employer to the second employer?

4] How different is it to wait or start working while in "F-1 to H-1 change of status" than if I were transferring from "H-1 under one company to the new company?

5] For that my F-1 (student work permit) has already expired and I am awaiting approval of my H-1, what is the a maximum period of time I can stay in the U.S.?

6] What is the extended maximum period of time I can continue to stay in the US in the process I don't have a job when I recieve my H-1?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks and Best Regards.