F 1 reinstatement

rebecca18

Registered Users (C)
After ICE raid Tri valley University in Jan:confused:, i applied with another school in N Californa. The school DSO helped me applying the reinstatement with USCIS. Uscis received my application on April 6th, and until now it is showing initial review. The turnover time of California office is 2.5 months. I got panic and do not what to do. I called a lawyer today and he told he there is no clear instructions about TVU reinstatement issue. So he suggested that i should go back to my country and apply again with a new I -20. I started my classes with this new school in March.

Need help here and so confused.

Is the institution you enrolled in a real, accredited university?
Or is it one of these similarly shady institutions, one of these diploma mills similar to TVU, e.g. ITU or Herguan?

The school i applied and attending now is accredited. If i stay in U.S, will it be unlegal presence. We are not able to work and do anything. I really do not know if i should go back and apply again, or just waiting here for them to reinstate me. I have not involved in any unauthorized employment, and repeated violation. I got my admission from TVU on the 10th Jan, and quitted my job right after i got the news.

How long we still need to wait? Does anyone get reinstatement approved?:confused:

Don't get panic. I have heard 3 cases of TVU got reinstatement in last two weeks. So wait for some time. I am expecting some positive response on this in this month.

Thank you for letting me know the good news. The lawyer got me panic, and kept saying i should go back in the next two weeks and apply again. Mine has been pending for 2 months until now, and hopefully i will hear from them back soon.

I applied on mar-15 and a month ago responded to rfe also. and i am in the one of the good college of the state. still waiting for the result. expecting to heard in this month.
btw no lawyer or even dso has the perfect answer for this situation, everybody are guessing. of course you can use best option according to your personal situation and that's what the lawyer can advise on.

I only get a receipt from them with a reference number on April 18th. Then i have heard nothing from USCIS. I contacted my DSO from school, he said while waiting for the approvement, we have no problem staying in U.S and going school. So i guess i wil wait patient to see how it goes.

None of my schoolmates gets feedback from USCIS. And we are all comfused and keep waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
None of my schoolmates gets feedback from USCIS. And we are all comfused and keep waiting, without jobs.
What do you mean with "without jobs"?
On F1, you are supposed to study, not work.
If you want to work, get an H1.

We are studying and getting some experience, that is allowed under CPT.

Hmm, it seems you still haven't learned from the TVU case.
CPT is ONLY for work as part of an established curriculum. That means that CPT from day one is essentially impossible, since you have to learn things first before being able to apply the learned things in a real-world setting.
If you still try to use CPT from day one, you set yourself up for a repeat of the TVU situation.
Again, forget CPT.
On F1, concentrate on studying.
If you want to work, ask the employer to file an H1 for you.
Your attempt to again abuse CPT may be one of the reasons why you haven't heard anything back from CIS yet. They scrutinize such cases now.
Again, forget CPT. Cut that acronym out of your mind. CPT from day one is dead. TVU killied it.

And forget any institution that offers CPT from day one. No real university offers that nowadays. Only shady, non-accredited diploma mills do. Avoid them, unless, of course, you have the wish to get deported.

And finally, why did you remove the "without jobs" part of your previous post?
I quoted it, so it is there for eternity that you are still trying to abuse CPT, even after the TVU case. Shame on you. You apparently haven't learned anything from the TVU case.

Why do you always have this strong big wrongful thinking on everything about TVU “cancer tumor” in your brain? As for now, the two persons who lie, cheating, blackmail, threatening tvu student, staff, faculty, president, website defamation against tvu ( claim tvu is a fraud), are both criminally charged. Now your are till here defamation, so that I know that you are not one of them. Then who are you? How do you get these big tumor and wrong thinking again tvu in your brain?
For one small correction, of your thinking, Graduate student shall have first day of CTP per Federal Law provision. Federal Rules and Regulations from SEVP website: http://www.ice.gov/doclib/sevis/pdf/fr121102.pdf : 76274 Federal Register / Vol. 67, No. 238 / Page 20, center column, (10) (i) “Exceptions to the one academic year requirement are provided for students enrolled in graduate studies that require immediate participation in curricular practical training. A request for authorization for curricular practical training must be made to the DSO. A student may begin curricular practical training only after receiving his or her Form I–20 with the DSO endorsement” ,
And tvu start with Ph.D. program for almost of year, then added Master program, tvu only have graduate degree program for almost 2 years, Bachelor program only added several months ago before 01/19/2011. And industry experience is an integrated curriculum requirement for all tvu graduate degree program. TVU actually are following every Federal rule as their president told the students.
For a complete operation in the brain, Why don’t you report to ICE in SF, special agent on TVU case, as Risingsun last time told you a while ago? Risingsun really told you to “turn yourself in”, any wrong-doing person in TVU eventually end up be caught while “turn himself in”. You shall be the final one!

Ms. Su, didn't your lawyer tell you to not post anything?
You only dig your hole deeper. In fact, you may just have violated a direct court order.
TVU was a fraud from the start.

Here are all the charges against you listed: http://archive.recapthelaw.org/cand/240094/
I make sure to keep that updated...
I look forward to the day when you get convicted.
Oh, and how's your mother doing? She paid your bail, right? The court documents show that...

Beside threatening (check the IP address of the posting can verify everything), what else you can do, decently and professionally, justify your own wrongful claim: First day CPT is abusing?
Pathetic! I believe that Honor and Integrity shall be the light of our Judicial System, not allow liars to abuse the system and wrongfully prosecute innocent for whatever reason !

Huh? As usual, you are sprouting complete nonsense, Ms. Su.
TVU has been a fraud from day one. You have committed fraud, you have lied on the SEVP application. Every post of you only digs your hole deeper.
You will serve a long time in prison.
When are you going to apologize to your victims?
I may buy your Mercedes when ICE auctions it off.

Oh, and if "checking the IP address" is possible, then your lawyer could find me. But he knows that it is not going to help you. You will be convicted.
If ICE wanted me to testify, they also would find me. But there is no need to. It is YOU who lied, it is YOU who threatened me with bodily harm. I have saved that infamous thread on trackitt.
And again, the link to all the court documents in your case: http://archive.recapthelaw.org/cand/240094/

Lets concentrate on the F reinstatement for all TVU students. This is the intention i started this thread, not here talking about Ms. Su.
Jo1234, your infomation is appreciated. But we would like to know more about the process of the reinstatement. Thx..............

Lets concentrate on the F reinstatement for all TVU students. This is the intention i started this thread, not here talking about Ms. Su.
Jo1234, your infomation is appreciated. But we would like to know more about the process of the reinstatement. Thx..............

Well, first things first:
Forget about CPT, in particular CPT from day one. 99.99% of all such offers are fraudulent, coming from shady institutions. Any institution advertising that kind of stuff, e.g., as "work study", which doesn't even exist in the US, is under intense scrutiny after the TVU case.
The few legitimate CPT from day one cases come from reputable universities, and they don't advertise these things, it is just incidental for these universities, and they have hard acceptance rules to begin with.
So, if you have applied at an institution that advertises CPT, forget it. Find another university. Real, accredited universities don't even advertise CPT. It is a side-show, the course work is the important part.
As I said before, if you want to study, concentrate on the studies and forget about CPT. If the university requires CPT for one or two classes, they will tell you when the time comes.
If you want to work, ask the employer to file an H1. Legitimate employers would not have problems to file an H1 for you if they want you. The H1 quota is wide open.
Reinstatement may work if the university is legitimate, and not trying to get around the laws by fraudulently offering CPT from day one. It still depends on a lot of other things, e.g., how long you were at TVU, did you work while there, etc.
It is very hard to impossible to do reinstatement if the new institution is involved in fraud similar to TVU. That includes all non-accredited institutions.

If you can restrain yourself from chanting the same wrongful allegation (many times before) against one institution, you can have a share of my opinion through a good discussion.
"It is a side-show, the course work is the important part." Many institutions are practicing that, yes the most reputed universities. However the true mission, purpose and meaning of education, shall be to instill knowledge, train the person skills and make that person capable to produce and contribute to society in the professional field. What if a person only study and take courses work for many years, but when he go to industry, just found that he/she either overqualified, or not applicable to the industry? Education does shine and decorate a person in many aspects (also improve a person's quality in many aspects, thinking,wisdom,etc), like a valuable jewel, however the eventually purpose or practical goal is not decorative, but to reproduce and contribute--- ultimately, so simple, to work!

And more incoherent rambling from Ms. Su.
When do you apologize to your victims?
TVU was a fraud, and you are a criminal. TVU was abusing CPT. TVU was fraudulently issuing CPT for work at a 7-11, for work as a security guard, etc.
And CPT, in particular CPT frm day one, is dead, because of the abuse by TVU and similar fraudulent institutions, like ITU, Herguan, UNVA.
And finally, I suggest you stop hijacking threads.
You are a fraudster, and you will end up in prison, as I predicted last year.

Dont Panic rebecca, I think you are doing good as you joined in a different school and started attending classes. i was told by my school that it will take 2.5 months to 3 months, so just wait with your fingures crossed. The only think which which anyone of the students do is just attend the school sincerely and work towards getting the grade. Even I was told by my DSO that its not illlegal to stay here in USA once you applied for re-instatement.

Thx, Nani2004..............
I think you are right. We should work hard on our grades and wait patiently. How long ago it was that you appiled reinstatement? I heard that some students already got reinstated. So it is a good news and i am hoping the best for everyone.