f-1,out of status before

kalyanthota

hi all....this is the situation iam in ,expecting some help.I went to US in 2001 sept on f-1 and have finished 3 semesters at my university before moving to the other which gave me the financial assisatance.due to the mistakes made by the international offices and myself,i was told i was out of status after two semesters there and was told to go back to my country and enter US with NEW I-20 which i did but was not able to register courses after i came back as i was in the trauma and had the health problems and tried to go to the university clinic but they didnt not allow me saying that they cant take care of me untill i register courses.i didnt register for courses at the university and from then on have stayed in US and now i came back to my country in 2008.i want to know if i can get an F-1 visa now from my country as i want to finish my course work.what kind of questions do you think i may face at the VO office??please help me.i worked so hard to go to US and have always maintained 4.0 gpa and now iam here in this situation...

On an F-1 visa you usually don't accumulate unlawful presence, except if USCIS or an immigration judge told you to leave. So technically you are unlikely to face a 10 year ban at this point. On the other hand, you have repeatedly shown total disregard for US immigration laws and the US consulate can definitively deny you a visa based on your past behavior.

hi

but i guess i had a reason to do so...i was not even allowed inside a clinic to let me tell them my plight after such a shock.what can an immigrant do if the school shows utter disregard .i sure accept that i have my share of mistakes.do you say tthat i cant get an F-1 visa or any kind of visa.i did talk to a lawyer who happened to be my international students adviser and he has told that i may have a problem in getting F-1 but i should be ok for h-1.please let me know your views.

School clinics do not treat non-atudents. If you were not enrolled thay had no obligation - and probably a great liability - to treat you.

F1 and H1B have different requirements so it is quite possible to qualify for one and not the other.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all,

So i applied for OPT near the end of october and my RD is November 3, 2008, which is also my LUD (last update). My case has been pending ever since, which is starting to worry me a bit...as the ISO director at my college told me I should have my EAD card by december, no problem...of course that didnt happen.

Is there anyone out there with a similar RD as mine that has or has not received their card yet?

Is there any word on why their taking sooo bloody longgg??