Extra pages on US passport booklet

Triple Citizen

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I just noticed that my wife's US passport has only 4 blank pages left. The rest are all full of stamps and visa stickers. Her passport still has another 4 years before it expires. I know the State Department offers a free service where they add extra pages to an existing passport booklet. Has anyone used this service? Just wanted to know if anyone else has availed of this service?

Hi,
I just noticed that my wife's US passport has only 4 blank pages left. The rest are all full of stamps and visa stickers. Her passport still has another 4 years before it expires. I know the State Department offers a free service where they add extra pages to an existing passport booklet. Has anyone used this service? Just wanted to know if anyone else has availed of this service?

My wife's passport was not even two years old and we realized, days before going to London last week that it had no empty page.
She called but they told her she would need a new passport as they don't amend passports or add pages anymore.
She didn't want to go through the hassle she went through last time at the passport agency (when everybody was applying for a passport the first time after it was mandatory to have a passport to travel anywhere) and she just used this one, they stamped it over other stamps.
She'll mail out a request this week for a new passport by mail.

My wife's passport was not even two years old and we realized, days before going to London last week that it had no empty page.
She called but they told her she would need a new passport as they don't amend passports or add pages anymore.
She didn't want to go through the hassle she went through last time at the passport agency (when everybody was applying for a passport the first time after it was mandatory to have a passport to travel anywhere) and she just used this one, they stamped it over other stamps.
She'll mail out a request this week for a new passport by mail.

Hmmmmm...they misinformed you as their website clearly indicates that they do add blank pages to valid passports. Huracan provided the URL...

They better provide this service. I followed the instructions as per the State Department website. I mailed my wife's passport and the required form on Saturday and they (Passport Processing Centre) got it on Monday :)

Hmmmmm...they misinformed you as their website clearly indicates that they do add blank pages to valid passports. Huracan provided the URL...

Update!

Just thought I would let you all know that my wife's passport came back with 24 extra pages attached. The pages are labeled "A" to "X" and the extra pages have been inserted between pages 12 and 13 in the passport booklet.

Thanks for sharing this information with the forum. I'm glad you got the passport back fairly quickly.

how those extra pages look like? with any pictures as same as the regular pages from the e-passport or just the blank pages?

My wife's passport was issued in 2002, so it is not electronic. The pages are different. They are violet in colour and each one has a different picture on the page. I am guessing these pages are similar to the new electronic passport.

how those extra pages look like? with any pictures as same as the regular pages from the e-passport or just the blank pages?

Hmm, well, if your wife's passport is the previous version, then maybe it's true that the newer ones are not allowed to be amended with extra pages.