Extension of visitor visa

ceo

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am a permanent resident. My Inlaws came to US in Oct with visitor visa. What do I need to do for extension of visitor visa. Also, if my
   co-brother applied for their Visa (who is on H1), can I apply for extension.

Thanks in advance

you can apply

Form 539 if i am right but it is not good idea to extend tourist visa over here. Next time Consulate will really give tought time for vistor visa and may even deny that ..

Not true

It is the visitor who must apply for the extension, not you or anybody. Of course you can do all the paperwork and get them to sign. Form I-539 has changed too, get the new form from INS.doj site. If you have a valid reason, you can extend. As long as they don\'t go back and try to come back immly, future visits should not have any impact. My two cents, I just got my parents an extension.
jsram

documents and possible reasons

Thanks JSRAM. Do we need to add any supportive documents. Also, which reasons can I show or, more appropriate

No need of any documents

Only their original I-94 needs to be sent. They will call for interview if needed. They (You) need to write a letter stating why they need to extend, what arrangements they have made to return, why the extension is temporary etc. Think of valid reasons under your circumstances, care of newborn child may not be a valid reason as American care providers will lose the oppurtunity to earn. You see my drift? Also, read the instructions that come with I-539. Good luck. Apply sufficiently in advance as it takes 90-120 days to process.
jsram