Expiry date on i 130 form

bpl30

hello Everyone, i was getting ready to mail i 130 forms for my parents today when i noticed the form has an expiry date of -7/31/2018 . Should i wait for the new version or it will be fine. sometimes the expired forms have validity till about another month or so.

Does anyone has any experience with this. Any input is very much appreciated. thank you.

Expiration dates are of no relevance to you. What matters is the edition date of the form (on the lower left of every page) and what editions are listed as being accepted on the USCIS webpage for that form. The latest edition is always accepted. Sometimes editions that have been "expired" for years are still accepted. Sometimes editions that are still years away from "expiring" are no longer accepted.

Expiration dates are of no relevance to you. What matters is the edition date of the form (on the lower left of every page) and what editions are listed as being accepted on the USCIS webpage for that form. The latest edition is always accepted. Sometimes editions that have been "expired" for years are still accepted. Sometimes editions that are still years away from "expiring" are no longer accepted.
thank you for replying so soon.

can you please let me know from where i can check this info.

the bottom left corner of current i 130 has - 2/27/17 N . what does this mean. is this the edited date. how cn i find out which edition is being accepted and till when? thank you.

Last edited:
thank you for the quick response. i edited my reply above. i did find the edition date. but still unclear if it will be accepted. did not find that info.

thank you for replying so soon.

can you please let me know from where i can check this info.

the bottom left corner of current i 130 has - 2/27/17 N . what does this mean. is this the edited date. how cn i find out which edition is being accepted and till when? thank you.
Each form has a webpage on the USCIS website. The webpage for I-130 is here. Expand the "Edition Date" section to see which editions are currently being accepted. The 02/27/17 edition is currently being accepted. They will put a notice in the Edition Date section 60 days before discontinuing acceptance for a particular edition, so make sure to check again before you mail the form.