Expired international passport

neamorfnost

Registered Users (C)
Hi, i have a question,

I am the russian citizen, living in the US on a green card. My international passport was expired 6 months ago, but my internal Russian passport is still valid.I am planning on visiting my family in Russia in several months from now.

The nearest Russian Consulate is located in Houston and it is 8 hour drive from where i live. And i am just not able to go there considering my work schedule.

so, my question is: will i have trouble entering the country? or leaving Russia?

thank you.

You could not go anywhere without passport. You can get "A letter to Return" Spravka na vozvraschenie from the Consulate by mail. Then you will have fun in Russia getting International passport. Do you still have registration in Russia? If not count on couple of month before you can fly back to US. Check Privet for actual stories.

Thank you for the reply, thats what i was thinking..i have registration in Russia, so it shouldn't be a problem to renew my passport.

Thank you for the reply, thats what i was thinking..i have registration in Russia, so it shouldn't be a problem to renew my passport.
Yes, just be sure to do it in your place of registration, and check how much time you need to get passport.

You won't be able to travel from here to Russia with an Internal Passport. It's just not legally allowed. Has anyone done it?

i heard stories, that people were traveling to Russia with their expired internatiopn passport and had to pay some kind of fee on the border..but i am not sure.

i heard stories, that people were traveling to Russia with their expired internatiopn passport and had to pay some kind of fee on the border..but i am not sure.
Airline would not allow you on the board. Get "Letter To Return" from Russian consulate. It's easy and free if you have unexpired internal passport.

You have two choices, either to renew your international travel passport or get a Return Permit and then apply for a new international travel passport through OVIR. It really depends on where you are planning to spend more time