Expidited AP: urgent question

sourayat

Registered Users (C)
-17 January 2008, got my AP receipt.

-12 February 2008 I called to expedite AP for an emergency and immediately I got approval E-MAIL that reads: "Documentation submitted meets the requirements for expedite processing of your application/petition. You and your children should receive a decision within the near future." etc.

-13 February 2008 (next day), I received another E-MAIL that reads: "On February 13, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT." etc.

My questions,
1- What am I really expecting in the mail (the advance parole itself or a notice)? and which one I have to carry in my hand when traveling?
2- When will I receive the said mail?
3- If I didn't receive the AP early enough, can I still travel on 25 February relying on the approval which I received by E-Mail?

It's an urgent matter and thanks to all.

from the words in the email from USCIS, i believe you will get the actual AP notice , so you can travel . I am not sure if it goes to your attorney.

stophitechbondedlabor

Can I travel and get my husband mailing it to me.

if what is coming in the mail is the actual AP but didn't come on time because I am leaving on 25 February no matter what, can my husband still mail it to me when he receives it!

if what is coming in the mail is the actual AP but didn't come on time because I am leaving on 25 February no matter what, can my husband still mail it to me when he receives it!

To my know, AP is to be used for entering USA custom. I think no matter when you receive it.

AP was approved and mailed on 13 February 2008 and I received it in the ordinary mail today 20 February 2008. This is for the record.

How to expedite Advance Parole?

Can you please provide more information on who to call and if we need to provide any additional documentation to expedite advance parole?

I applied for advance parole two weeks ago as one of my family members has failing health (89 years old) and I need to be able to travel immediately as the chance of his health recovering is not too good. When I applied for AP, in the form I-131 section 7, I provided a separate sheet with my explanation of why I needed an expedited AP. Is this sufficient documentation or I need to provide some sort of doctors report etc?

As this is a family emergency, any additional information you can provide is highly appreciated.

Thanks.