Experience letter for 140 Urgent

Amrit_2005_06

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus,
I got RFE for my 140 to submit the experience letter.
My employer is refusing to give the letter. He is also not intrested
in responding to the call.
The company I work did not have any other employee than me.
One employee company, I work with them for 2 years.
Now what are my option. Attorney is saying exp letter is the
must to get the approval.
Thanks,
Amrit

Your attorney is correct if affidavits from coworkers are not available. You need someone with personal knowledge of what you did and when you worked there to complete an affidavit.

This is why attorneys should always ask their clients to get the employment letters prior to filing an LC. I've filed LC's without them but I have told the client that they must be absolutely certain that they can get the letters or their GC will be denied in the I-140 stage.

I left my old company without informing them.I didnt ask for employement exp letter from them as i know that they are not gonna give me.

insted what i did was (Recommended by Attorney Murthy) I created my own affidavid and got it notarized and finally send it to my attorney.

it worked..I didnt get any RFE but i got my Green Card.

Amrit_2005_06 , if u have any questions send me a PM.

Affidavit Letter

Hawa Hawa said:
I left my old company without informing them.I didnt ask for employement exp letter from them as i know that they are not gonna give me.

insted what i did was (Recommended by Attorney Murthy) I created my own affidavid and got it notarized and finally send it to my attorney.

Can you please tell us what we should mention on the affidavit letter if its our own affidavit

format.

ziad2005 said:
Can you please tell us what we should mention on the affidavit letter if its our own affidavit

Affidavid

I, XXX , hereby affirm the following facts and matters:

1) I am over the age of eighteen(18) years and am competent to testify to the facts and matters set forth herein.

2) From 01/01/00 to 01/01/03, I was employed with XYZ Technologies as a programmer/Analyst, not less than 40 hours per week.

3)I certify that as a programmer/Analyst, I performed the following duties:

a) ----------(mention duties here)
b) --------- (mention duties here)

4) During this time i worked on the following projects:

1)ABC Bank .
2)DEF Financials Inc.

5) During my tenure with XYZ technologies , i was consistently assigned duties of an increasing complex nature and required more and more responsibility as time progressed.

I AFFIRM under penalty of perjury and upon personal knowledge that the above statements and facts are true and accurate to the best of my knowledge,information and belief.

Name Date

Notarise at the bottom.

Thankxxxx a bunch

Hawa Hawa said:
Affidavid

I, XXX , hereby affirm the following facts and matters:

1) I am over the age of eighteen(18) years and am competent to testify to the facts and matters set forth herein.

2) From 01/01/00 to 01/01/03, I was employed with XYZ Technologies as a programmer/Analyst, not less than 40 hours per week.

3)I certify that as a programmer/Analyst, I performed the following duties:

a) ----------(mention duties here)
b) --------- (mention duties here)

4) During this time i worked on the following projects:

1)ABC Bank .
2)DEF Financials Inc.

5) During my tenure with XYZ technologies , i was consistently assigned duties of an increasing complex nature and required more and more responsibility as time progressed.

I AFFIRM under penalty of perjury and upon personal knowledge that the above statements and facts are true and accurate to the best of my knowledge,information and belief.

Name Date

Notarise at the bottom.

Got experience letters several years ago, does it still work?

Hi, Gurus,

I got a RFE on my I-140, I have not received the letter yet, but I guess it is a employment experience RFE.

I got employment experience letters from former exployers several years ago, when I applied LC. My LC did not use them and got approved. Now at the I-140 stage, if I get a RFE on employment experience, could I still use the letters I got several years ago (end of 2001, or early 2002)? I think I may still get new experience letters from my former employers, but it will take some time. Are new experience letters better than old ones, for the I-140 RFE?

Appreciate your help!

ncjeffnc said:
Hi, Gurus,

I got a RFE on my I-140, I have not received the letter yet, but I guess it is a employment experience RFE.

I got employment experience letters from former exployers several years ago, when I applied LC. My LC did not use them and got approved. Now at the I-140 stage, if I get a RFE on employment experience, could I still use the letters I got several years ago (end of 2001, or early 2002)? I think I may still get new experience letters from my former employers, but it will take some time. Are new experience letters better than old ones, for the I-140 RFE?

Appreciate your help!

You can use those experience letters it shouldn;t be a problem at all.

ncjeffnc said:
Hi, Gurus,

Appreciate your help!

What Centre have you applied ?
What Category - EB2 or EB3 ?
What does the status say - when did USCIS send the RFE ?

I am in the same situation see my signature.

- msd_gc.

msd_gc said:
What Centre have you applied ?
What Category - EB2 or EB3 ?
What does the status say - when did USCIS send the RFE ?

I am in the same situation see my signature.

- msd_gc.

MSD-GC, Which service center you applied? What is your RFE?

gcaaa111 said:
MSD-GC, Which service center you applied? What is your RFE?

applied at VSC.

RFE not received yet ..... still waiting. I will update my signature once my attorney gets it.

- msd_gc

Hawa Hawa said:

It may wor, but it shouldn't! Your affidavit is a self serving document that will be given little, if any, weight by USCIS. It's also possible that your case would have been approved if no proof was submitted at al. It is also possible that the experience that was documented in other ways was sufficient to satisfy the LCA requirements so the experience that you were attempting to document was no really required.

This situation is different, an RFE is pending which specifically requests this information. I would be amazed if this works and I would certainly like to know about it if it does.

I-140 / RFE / Evaluation of beneficiary's education

I received a "Notice of Request for Evidence" regarding my I-140 petition from USCIS.

They state in their letter:
1) Submit evidence that the beneficiary has a bachelor's degree in Engineering as of September 2, 2003, as required per the labor certification. Evidence of his education should be in the form of transcripts and a diploma.

2) Please submit an evaluation of the beneficiary's education.

Now, my attorney says that my engineering diploma and transcript (coursework) translated from my original language into English by somebody that speaks fluently my native language should suffice.
Has anybody experience if this is correct or do I need to have it translated by an accredited education evaluation company?

Thanks for any advice on how to handle this!

TSC / EB3
PD: September 2003
I-131: AD June 29, 2004 / LUD January 18, 2005
I-765: AD August 06, 2004 / LUD January 18, 2005
I-140: RD May 27, 2004 / LUD February 17, 2005
I-485: RD May 27, 2004 / LUD June 02, 2004
No FP yet

re

with regards to Employment Experience for i140 RFE can one also include the experience letter of current employer will INS consider Experince Till Date( that is at least till the date when they decide on the case ) or Till the Date the I140 was applied ie RD or not at all

Please advise

For MSD_GC and NCJEFFNC

MSD_GC

can u tell us more about ur "Work Experience RFE" ?
I just saw my status on I-140 saying that an RFE as been issued. If its about experience it may be bcos my old attorney did not put all my experience on my Labor Certification. But while filing the I-140 I changed the attorney who filed the I-140 and got the correct experience documented. I also submitted all the experience letters.

NCJEFFNC:

Why did u think u may have got an Experience RFE? Just want to know if were in a situation like mine.

many thx guys....u know I what I am going thro....

good luck to all,
battered

Hello,

I am in the same situation as a lot of you (RFE regarding ability to pay and experience letter) -- I had obtained an experience letter when I filed for my LC but did not need to use it at that time; EB3 category.

Reading this thread I understand that I can submit the same letters to the USCIS.

Does anyone know how uscis attempts to contact the employer? I ask because the business is now under new management and the person whom I originally obtain the experience letter from has parted ways with them.

Can I write the USCIS a seperate letter as attachment and ask them to contact that person at his new address if need be? If not, what are my options? What should be done?

I am not an employed by that company at this time.

re

Hello Amrit_2005_06 ,
Please let us know the outcome of your RFE it will help others in similar problem.

Tks

I-140 RFE - Experience Letters

Here is my I-140 RFE:

"Submit evidence that the alien obtained the required experience in the job offered or related occupation before May, 2003. Evidence of experience must be in the form of

letter(s) from current or former employer(s) giving the name, address, and title of

the employer and a description of the experience of the alien, including specific

dates of the employment and specific duties.submission of you experience letters."

I have to get the Exp Letters from my previous 5 employers. I applied in EB2 and I have Masters and more than 3 years exp. Here are my questions:

1. I submitted all most all the exp letters along with I-140, So What is the meaning of that RFE

2. Do I need to prepare the exp letters as Progressive or just regular is OK (since I have masters) ?

3. In case I don't get exp letter from employer, getting letter from previous manager (He is working in different company now) on his current company letterhead is good or just plain paper with affidavit is fine.

4. Since this job requirement is 3 years. If I get exp letters just for 3 years, is that fine or I have to get exp letter for all previous employers since I mentioned those in my LC.

I heartly appreciate your help in this regard.

Thank you very much in advance.

Experience letter on India Stamp Paper or White Sheet

Hi Team,

All details shared are very relevant and needful.
I have a question to clarify related work experience reference / affidavit from previous company colleague.
Would like to know whether

- Affidavit need to be on India Govt Stamp paper?
- Just plain paper with details and notarized?

As it not possible for colleague to get letter head, thought of knowing which above option is preferred.

your response is always appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Satya.