Expediting New US passport when applicant is not in US

coolkidz97

Hi all, appreciate any suggestions on the following. Recently I have applied for the US passport normal process after becoming US citizen, but due to family emergency I left India before I got my US passport on Indian passport without realizing it's not right . While I am in India I expedited the process to get my US passport so that I can go back to the US because of my wife health concerns. Not sure how the expedite process work for urgent cases but It’s been a week passport agency haven’t even made decision that if my application will be expedited or not should I be concerned ?
I tried everything possible my calling customer care and email but none worked.. Since I am overseas there is no option for me to get to appointments. US consulates locally in India said they will not be able to help because my application is pending with passport agency. Does any one have any suggestions on how to let the Dallas passport agency hear my urgency so that I can expedite my US passport application ? Can any attorney's/any agency help in this situation ? I really appreciate your suggestions on this matter.

This issue has been resolved not sure if the expedited process worked or me sending mail, but my passport has been delivered in 13 days after expedited it.

Lawfully speaking a US citizen should enter and leave the US on a US passport. I suppose you are a dual citizen and left on an Indian passport and entered India using the same. The proper route was to get a passport at a passport agency - they can do a same day issue. I had done it myself.

I guess you can get it mailed to you now and re-enter the US.