Expedited Passport

Got my passport today (was overnighted)

Got my passport today along with the Naturalization Certificate (certificate looks as fresh and new as I had got it on my oath). My online message had changed yesterday and it said,

We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you.

You paid for overnight delivery. This means you should receive your passport on or about 04/15/2007

Very happy to receive my passport so quickly, especially with the agency receiving so many requests at this time :D

Now, on to applying for the PIO card with the Indian consulate :rolleyes:

Passport timeline:

Date Applied: 04/05/2007 --> applied expedited processing at a local post office right after oath
Online Status:04/10/2007 --> routine processing, routine delivery
Online Status:04/11/2007 --> expedited processing, routine delivery
Online Status:04/13/2007 (2 PM) --> expedited processing, overnight delivery
Online status: 04/14/2007 (3 AM) --> passport processed and mailed, should receive it on or about 04/15/2007
Passport received: 04/14/2007 (10:30 AM) --> received in the express mail envelope (issue date was yesterday)

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats yor Timeline?

Got my passport today along with the Naturalization Certificate (certificate looks as fresh and new as I had got it on my oath). My online message had changed yesterday and it said,

We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you.

You paid for overnight delivery. This means you should receive your passport on or about 04/15/2007

Very happy to receive my passport so quickly, especially with the agency receiving so many requests at this time :D

Now, on to applying for the PIO card with the Indian consulate :rolleyes:

Whats your Timeline?

woweeee i got my passport

haven't opened the envelope yet but the passport is here!

wow. that was fast. i do think paying by money order at post office expedited helped.

i did not pay for overnight shipping.:p :eek:

good luck to all and hope you passports arrive soon. that March 23 thing just stinks. it is weird that they would not just process all pre march 23 things before the rest!

what sucks is that if i knew it was this fast i could have gone to london with my pals today!

teddy

Applied for passport (routine) on March 1, 2007 and received the passport by Fedex Saturday delivery today. Talked to customer service last week and they upgraded processing for no charge since we were planning to travel in the next 2 weeks.

Very impressive customer service ....recd Fedex from Charleston, SC passport processing center today. The passport was printed yesterday April 13.
BTW the passport locator number given by the online status and NPIC customer service is also the passport number also in my case.

I received my passport today. Applied with expedited processing with express mail both ways on 31st March at a post office, after standing in line for 3 hours. This passport is RFID passport. I am so happy :D

Now the journey moves to OCI processing.(only for people who are originally from India). So far, all the processing has been very quick. I hope Houston Conusulate moves as quickly and gets it done.

Thanks everyone for posting their info and keeping this thread alive. Goodluck to all the people who are waiting for their passport.

Prasad

Passports are here

All our passports arrived today. They appear to be regular passports (Non-RFID) just like the one my daughter had. It seems like not all of their facilities produce RFID passports. Anyway it arrived in record time and I am happy that this chapter is over finally.

Making progress

Message changed to expedited processing, routine delivery today (4/16)
Apllied on 4/5 (expedited & overnight) out of Dallas. Reached LA facility on 4/6. Case status showing routine processing appeared on 4/10. Check cashed on 4/11. Hoping that the passport will be here this week.

passport processed

....status changed to "shipped....shud recv by 03/14/07". should be at my door today.

applied: sunnyvale ca on 03/21/07

Very strange

They appear to be regular passports (Non-RFID) just like the one my daughter had. It seems like not all of their facilities produce RFID passports...

VERY VERY STANGE! According to the state dept and everything that's been published out there, they DON'T make the old style passports anymore. They started issuing RFID pp's a few months ago. It's a very inmpt. security feature - so I'm really curious why you didn't get yours that way. You might want to give them a call cuz. you don't want to get hassled when you are travelling.

VERY VERY STANGE! According to the state dept and everything that's been published out there, they DON'T make the old style passports anymore. They started issuing RFID pp's a few months ago. It's a very inmpt. security feature - so I'm really curious why you didn't get your stat way. You might want to give them a call cuz. you don't want to get hassled when you are travelling.

Hi mario123,

Thanks for your concern, but I feel I should jump in because we don't want to scare anybody. The state department started issuing ePassports I think sometime around last August and indicated they would be gradually introduced across passport agencies, but that this would take a few months. It is completely normal to receive nowadays a regular passport, and I don't think anybody is going to be hassled during travel. In a way, the new ePassports can be more difficult to counterfeit, but I think they leave oneself more open to tracking and potential theft of personal information. This is now an unstoppable change, but I think it was done without informing the public enough. Thankfully they introduced some modicum of security in the passport, originally they wanted to leave them wide open.

PS: Other countries were more clearcut about the introduction of ePassports, and they only printed ePassports after their introduction date. The U.S. has taken a slower route of gradual introduction. I think Canada for example hasn't made a ePassport yet. Most or all visa waiver program countries have ePassports, to comply with U.S. deadlines.

My 2 cents.

old style non-RFID passports are still in use and will be in use for years to come. Think about all the US citizens with normal passports right now.

The passport I received is non-RFID and I am very happy about it.

We are still waiting for my wife's passport. This is the time line:

3/31 Applied in a Houston Postoffice, expedited, express return mail.
4/5 Shows online as routine application and routine delivery.
4/6 check cashed.
A few calls with nothing other than asking to wait. No replies to 3 emails.
4/13 Message changed to Expedited with routine delivery.

17 days later and still waiting.

RFID or Non-RFID

I am guessing this is related to the frequency of travel outside the country. People who frequently travel might be issued a RFID passport. just a hunch.:)

whew...been there done that...

....status changed to "shipped....shud recv by 03/14/07". should be at my door today.

applied: sunnyvale ca on 03/21/07

Got the passport and my orig cert in mail today. Am done with this process. now, on to bigger things.... Good luck to all who are awaiting their citi + pass.

PS: Took exactly *28 days* for the passport to arrive. STATE DEPT rocks with their estimates...unlike USCIS...

quick question

Got the passport and my orig cert in mail today. Am done with this process. now, on to bigger things.... Good luck to all who are awaiting their citi + pass.

Sorry if I haven't looked at your previous posts about this, but how long did it take you to get it? Did you expedite? Does your passport have an RFID?

I had applied (along with my wife) on 5th April (expedited processing) and it is not yet showing up on their website. It did reach their office on 6th (in LA), although I am in DFW. I don't know how it is routed (from the post office). I guess I will wait a couple of days before calling them. It says to wait for 7 days before the status/info will be online.

Looks like it is going to be a drag. My status has not appeared yet in the website, (see above for my timeline). Talked to an rep and they asked me to wait 2 weeks before any enquiry. Hope they did not lose the material and it arrives before my trip. Looks like we (with my wife) are the only one who applied in this time frame and the status has not appeared yet. Anybody else in the same boat?:confused:

Today the status of my application had finally changed from "being processed" to "finished processing, and the passport has been mailed." It says since I paid overnight delivery I should receive it on or about 4/19/07... Considerign the fact that there's a fairly small distance between San Francisco and LA (that's where my application went), I should get by tomorrow for sure... Can hardly wait:)

We are still waiting for my wife's passport. This is the time line:

3/31 Applied in a Houston Postoffice, expedited, express return mail.
4/5 Shows online as routine application and routine delivery.
4/6 check cashed.
A few calls with nothing other than asking to wait. No replies to 3 emails.
4/13 Message changed to Expedited with routine delivery.

17 days later and still waiting.

I've waited a whole month... 4 weeks is a standard processign time during a high season travel period, so I wouldn't sweat if I were you... Remember ? that's not a USCIS you are dealing with :)

Mario...

...I got an RFID passport. Took 4 weeks with expedited ( from bay area SJ).