Expedited Passport

Today's status changed for the better:
"Thank you for submitting your passport application!
Your application has been received and is being processed.

Your passport application locator number is blah blah blah.:rolleyes:

When you applied, you requested Expedite Service and Routine Delivery of your passport. Passport Agencies use Priority Mail.

You should receive your passport within 4 weeks from the date you applied. However, if you are traveling within 2 weeks and have not received your passport, please contact the National Passport Information Center."
----

This is like Christmas, I can't wait to see my little blue passport!

That is good. No change yet in my wife's status.

Online status change

I checked after seeing Teddy's post and my status has changed too from routine to expedited. Same message as Teddy. May be a mass update job ran last night :rolleyes:

islander79

I checked after seeing Teddy's post and my status has changed too from routine to expedited. Same message as Teddy. May be a mass update job ran last night :rolleyes:

islander79

islander79, I think both you and Teddy are dealing with the NYC office, right? My wife's passport is in Houston so I hope they get to fixing the online status, or better yet, just send the passport. It has been 10 days since we applied.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had applied (along with my wife) on 5th April (expedited processing) and it is not yet showing up on their website. It did reach their office on 6th (in LA), although I am in DFW. I don't know how it is routed (from the post office). I guess I will wait a couple of days before calling them. It says to wait for 7 days before the status/info will be online.

islander79, I think both you and Teddy are dealing with the NYC office, right? My wife's passport is in Houston so I hope the get to fixing the online status, or better yet, just send the passport. It has been 10 days since we applied.

Hi,
I'm from Houston. I sent my application on March 23 and recieved it yesterday April 10 (expediated, overnight delivary).

Hi,
I'm from Houston. I sent my application on March 23 and recieved it yesterday April 10 (expediated, overnight delivary).

Thanks nf777 for the info. I hope that we receive the passport in a week or so without having much trouble or needing to go to the downtown office.

worried!!!!!!!!!!

hi everyone! i am so glad i found this board regarding expedited passports. i applied on march 23 at the county clerk's office in tulsa, oklahoma. the clerk told me that expedited service would take about 2-3 weeks. so i paid for expedited service and for the 2-way overnighted delivery. after confirmation from the clerk (i called her again), i booked my trip with departure date of april 23, 2007. i've been calling them religiously since last friday. i'm leaving in less than 2 weeks and i'm very nervous it won't make it here in time.

one nice customer representative (i've already spoken to 4 different ppl) told me that i can fly to the houston agency and get one if it becomes urgent (like when i'm leaving in less than 7 days.)

looks like you guys lucked out! i'm so jealous! :(

here is my latest status from their online site:

Thank you for submitting your passport application!

Your application has been received and is being processed.

Your passport application locator number is *********.

When you applied, you requested Expedite Service, but paid additionally for Overnight Return Delivery.

You should receive your passport within 4 weeks from the date you applied. However, if you are traveling within 2 weeks and have not received your passport, please contact the National Passport Information Center.

My mother applied for regular passport (she is quite poor and she doesn't know to to handle money) and I wonder how long she will have to wait for the passport. Anyone know for NYC ? 6-10 weeks?

Just like you, I applied on April 5th out of a post office in DFW (expedited and overnight delivery). The package was delivered on 4/6 (LA Passport Facility). Online status on 4/10 but says "routine service and routine delivery" in 10 weeks. The check for $127 was cashed yesterday - 4/11. No change in online status Let's see how long this will take...

I had applied (along with my wife) on 5th April (expedited processing) and it is not yet showing up on their website. It did reach their office on 6th (in LA), although I am in DFW. I don't know how it is routed (from the post office). I guess I will wait a couple of days before calling them. It says to wait for 7 days before the status/info will be online.

whee, the status online changed again!

:p today's online status says:
Your passport application locator number is blah blah bleep.

We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you.:eek:

You requested delivery by regular mail. Passport Agencies use Priority Mail. This means you should receive your passport on or about 04/17/2007.

Your Priority Mail delivery confirmation number is @$#$@$. *** Please note that the delivery confirmation number is not a tracking number. It is a number that will provide information as to whether or not an envelope has been delivered. You can click on the delivery confirmation number to check delivery status or call USPS.

Yay. I applied expedited, did not pay for overnight shipping. Nice postal worker lady sent my application overninght as a "congrats".

teddy

teddybear.....wow, less than 2 weeks. I applied few days after you...hope am just as lucky as you ! Happy Travels !!!

teddybear, that's great news. My wife applied 5 days before you and still no change in her status $@#$@. I think I will wait till next week before trying to call them again.

Hi All,

I have applied for Passport on 17th March thru regular processing. Till date my check is not cashed. Is there anybody in CT-NY area who has applied during this time period with regular processing and has their status online?

Any idea how much time it really takes to process Regular applications?

Thanks

OK. Called the toll free number last night and they told me that my wife's application has been "upgraded" to be expdited. Today the online status changed to expdited as well. It's exactly 2 weeks since we applied.

Interesting though is that the online status still shows routine delivery although we paid for express mail. Not a big deal though.

Dont worry

We applied for our passports on March 24th expedited. It reached them on March 26th Monday. Status came online on March 30th as routine service. April 3rd it changed to expedited service with routine delivery (priority mail). April 4th it changed to expedited service with expedited delivery. The message then said that our passports were processed and we should received it on or before April 6th.

We received our passports on April 5th late evening around 06:00 p.m.,

It looks like a common occurence. Bottomline, they are being processed reasonably fast. Though the postoffice lady informed us it would take 4 weeks we received it in less than 2 weeks.

So dont worry too much....

they finished my passport!!!

Thanks for all the support guys....I just checked my status online and am thrilled and happy that it's coming to me soon!!!! :) Now I can sleep in peace and dream about my upcoming trip in Italy!!!:p

U.S. Passport Application Status

We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you.

You paid for overnight delivery. This means you should receive your passport on or about 04/15/2007.

If you have any additional questions, please contact the National Passport Information Center.

Thanks for all the support guys....I just checked my status online and am thrilled and happy that it's coming to me soon!!!! :) Now I can sleep in peace and dream about my upcoming trip in Italy!!!:p

U.S. Passport Application Status

We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you.

You paid for overnight delivery. This means you should receive your passport on or about 04/15/2007.

If you have any additional questions, please contact the National Passport Information Center.

Could you please share your timeline?

I applied expedited on March 22, they got it the next morning, March 23... It's been 3 weeks now... still no passport. Th status remains the same — "thank you for submitting your application, it is being processed, you should receive your passport within 4 weeks, bla bla bla..."
My trip is in May, so I am not worrying, but it kind of bugs me that folks who applied after me are getting their passports, and I am still waiting. The website says that those lucky ones who applied before March 23 will have to wait longer. Just don't see any logic in all this... Bastards:)

reply to Dani

Hi Dani,

I totally understand how you're feeling. I was stressing and worrying about it. I applied on March 23 expedited and paid 2 way overnighted delivery. The clerk's office didn't overnight my application until Monday, 3-26 b/c she said their mail service has passed for the day. anyway the houston passport agency received on tuesday, 3-27. my status did not show up online until thursday, 4-5 last week. i called them on thursday to see what's up. they told me to call back the following monday/tuesday for status update. i called on the next day friday, 4-6 anyway and they basically told me to do same. i submitted 2 URGENT emails over the weekend to them indicating that i was leaving in less than 2 weeks. they replied once by email and gave me the tracking number they'll use when sent back but no real status. i called on monday 4-9 to check on status and they said they were working on it. did same for tuesday, wed, thursday (with same results....that i had to be patient and to understand that they are working on it as quickly as possible). finally today, 4-13 the online status shows that it has been completed and sent via overnight and that i should receive on or about 4-15. since my trip is coming up very soon, i'm leaving the country on 4-23, they had rushed & upgraded my application. i even got the representatives on the phone to fax and email the houston agency to upgrade my request since it is time sensitive.

i think the best way is to keep on calling them everyday for assurances and check the online status daily. i think with me calling them everyday like a crazy person really helped on speeding things up. good luck and i hope this helps! i trust u will get it in time b/c your trip isn't til may.