Expedited Passport Timeline

second stage

Registered Users (C)
I applied for US Passport(expedited) on May 31st, 2007 and the check was cashed on June 4th,2007

so far, the passport status does not show up on the website. It does however say if the application has been sent by Express Mail(Which I did), the status should appear in few days.

Is anyone else experiencing delays?..Please post your timeline...

Last edited by a moderator:
I am interested to hear about your experience and also to see what others have to say. My husband has his oath ceremony on July 12 and we are leaving for Eurpope on Aug 2 (which doesn't leave much time)!

Delays even after expedite

Let me know if you have gotten it. I have my Oath ceremony on the 12th of July and need to travel to mexico Aug 12th. The website sates that if you expedite you should be able to print your confirmation in less than 7 days after receipt but my daughter who is american we applied for her passport as well and expedited it. We applied on May 29th and so far still does not show in the system.

i tried calling the toll free number and after 15 mins of auto recorded messages it tells me that they can not take my call at this time to try again later.

What worries me is that it has been 3 weeks and still nothing so when i appy i wonder if they will have it in the system in time.

Let me know if you have found any answers.

Thanks;
J

Do not trust the 1-877-487-2778 number or http://travel.state.gov. Processing times are longer. Expedited application may take more than 6-8 weeks.

If check was cashed, but no online status, it is probably because they spelled your name wrong. You can call 1-877-487-2778 to check. It took me 30 minutes to get through at 6:00 AM (!!!).

If 2 weeks before depature, call your congressman. You can try State's Passport Task Force at 1-202-647-7948. Also, please, cancel air tickets if You can.

You can call 1-877-487-2778 to check.

My status shows up today. It'll be about 23 days since I applied via expedite.

The only reason for the status to show up being that I called the number above yesterday and told them am travelling within the next 2 weeks and need my passport right away.

I hope to get it within a week.

I am interested to hear about your experience and also to see what others have to say. My husband has his oath ceremony on July 12 and we are leaving for Eurpope on Aug 2 (which doesn't leave much time)!

zemra406
Is your husband Albanian??

It looks like the expedited service is moving faster.

Here is my status. I have posted this info on the other thread under US Citizenship forum as well:

State dept online status:

We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you.

You paid for overnight delivery. This means you should receive your passport on or about 07/01/2007.

USPS tracking:
Your item was processed and left our CHARLESTON, SC 29423 facility on June 29, 2007. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.