Expedited Oath Ceremony

banxeo

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to ask if anyone had successfully requested to expedite their oath ceremony for the San Francisco field office and what the experience was like?

I am currently scheduled for my interview in the first week of July 2019, however I am planning on studying abroad starting the third week of August 2019 and the program will last for 6 months. I checked the Paramount Theater schedule for the oath ceremonies and it says that there will be ceremonies held in July 17 and August 14. Unfortunately, I do not think that having the oath ceremony in August 14 would be enough time for me to apply for a passport and visa as I will be leaving the week after.

Would there be any chance for me to ask my IO to move my oath ceremony to the July 17 ceremony during the interview? I have also written the office for a expedite request about 3 weeks ago, but I have not received a response yet.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Go with evidence of your upcoming study abroad plan. The IO may actually be willing to schedule you for a same day oath ceremony. They do that if the petitioner is able to provide compelling reasons for them to do so, especially if your interview is before noon.