Expedite Request

assur

Registered Users (C)
Can I do this based on "80+ Old Mother, Serious Illness & Hospitalization" for a pending application since Dec 2004? PD is current. Stucked in Security Checks....
Or should I proceed for Interim Advance Parole?

assur said:
Can I do this based on "80+ Old Mother, Serious Illness & Hospitalization" for a pending application since Dec 2004? PD is current. Stucked in Security Checks....
Or should I proceed for Interim Advance Parole?

is it for you or your 80+ month? If just for you, no, USCIS won't buy it...

buzzhd said:
is it for you or your 80+ month? If just for you, no, USCIS won't buy it...
Is it not a "humantarian ground" for expedite request even for mother's illness?

assur said:
Is it not a "humantarian ground" for expedite request even for mother's illness?

I don't know, but you can try to fax your request to service center if you could find one...

Last time I did request it but with different reasons and got shot down...

You should try

Dear assur,

You should at least try to write a letter to FBI. I am quoting the following, which was posted by a guy with a username "Toxsci" on how to contact FBI to inquire/expedite the name/security check:

"This is very common. Elected representatives can help you to expedite your name check, if they want to! Generally, they just send an inquiry to FBI. If you can convince them that you are really affected by this delay or if your employer has some influence at their office, then they may do something. Please refer to my postings in these threads..hope it helps,
http://www.immigrationportal.com/sh...ad.php?t=215932
http://www.immigrationportal.com/sh...ad.php?t=214587"

I believe you have a very good reason to ask: Your mom is very old and she is sick.

You should definitely write a letter or send a fax to FBI to explain your circumstance. Good luck and keep me posted!

assur said:

I had a US citizen daughter on a ventilator. That was no grounds for humanitarian expedite, since I was already in the US.

Thank you very very much for answers/replies FREE-MAN & THE-REAL-CANADIAN.
FREEMAN, I'll do as you suggested once I receive all "Hospitalization Papers" that I am expecting from homeland country. My 80+ mother is in Cardiovascular Hospital, 2nd Heart Attack, under ICU/pace-maker.
I was just wondering, should I go Interim AP or Epedite Request route?

assur said:
Thank you very very much for answers/replies FREE-MAN & THE-REAL-CANADIAN.
FREEMAN, I'll do as you suggested once I receive all "Hospitalization Papers" that I am expecting from homeland country. My 80+ mother is in Cardiovascular Hospital, 2nd Heart Attack, under ICU/pace-maker.
I was just wondering, should I go Interim AP or Epedite Request route?

Come on!
Get an Infopass appointment and go to the local office, file AP there.

You have more urgent need to travel then I do
And I just get my AP in one day (actually it took 1.5 hours) in NYC office for urgent business trip.

Do both!

Dear assur,

I would do both if I were you.

It usually takes only 1-2 months to obtain Advanced Parole (AP) documents. This fast service is of course due to the fact that USCIS does NOT need any name check.

Regarding the request, no one knows how long it would take for FBI to answer your request and/or clear your name check. It could be a month or a year or longer.

So I would try both AP and writing a letter to FBI at the same time. Good luck!

Cmapocma said:
Come on!
Get an Infopass appointment and go to the local office, file AP there.

You have more urgent need to travel then I do
And I just get my AP in one day (actually it took 1.5 hours) in NYC office for urgent business trip.
Thats good..

Freemann said:
Dear assur,

I would do both if I were you.

It usually takes only 1-2 months to obtain Advanced Parole (AP) documents. This fast service is of course due to the fact that USCIS does NOT need any name check.

Regarding the request, no one knows how long it would take for FBI to answer your request and/or clear your name check. It could be a month or a year or longer.

So I would try both AP and writing a letter to FBI at the same time. Good luck!
Definitely, I'll go both ways (AP & Epedite Request). Keep you posted accordingly. Thanks again for good stuff.