ESTA and Covid19 travel

Atters

Have 15 days left on ESTA Flight home cancelled and alternatives not acceptable due to 3 separate flight through 3 airports and over 24 hours. in my 70s and at risk. Question is are the US immigration going to make an exception to the ESTA 90 day rule for people like me. Any opinions???

If you google for "covid satisfactory departure", there are some websites that say people who were admitted on VWP at certain airports (e.g. JFK) can get Satisfactory Departure from the CBP there, but I can't find any official sources about this.

If you google for "covid satisfactory departure", there are some websites that say people who were admitted on VWP at certain airports (e.g. JFK) can get Satisfactory Departure from the CBP there, but I can't find any official sources about this.

Found this on the principle, as newacct says, various legal sites talking about it under current circumstances. The 30 days appears non-negotiable.
https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2018-Mar/i775-vwp-contract-kit.pdf
page 3, section 217.3
”(a) Satisfactory departure. If an emergency prevents an alien admitted under this part from departing from the United States within his or her period of authorized stay, the district director having jurisdiction over the place of the alien's temporary stay may, in his or her discretion, grant a period of satisfactory departure not to exceed 30 days. If departure is accomplished during that period, the alien is to be regarded as having satisfactorily accomplished the visit without overstaying the allotted time.”