Error on I-140 Approval Notice: Selected CP, Says AOS. Anyone experienced the same?

logicators

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

Just received a copy of my I-140 approval notice. It says that:

"The above petition has been approved. The petition indicates that the person for whom you are petitioning is in the United States and will apply for the adjustment of status. He or she should contact the local INS office to obtain form I-485, Application for Permanent Residence. A copy of this notice should be submitted with the application, with appropriate fee, to this service center. Additional information about eligibility for adjustment of status may be obtained from the local INS office serving the area where he or she lives, or by calling XXXXXXX

If the person for whom you are petitioning decides to apply for a visa outside the United States based on this petition, the petitioner should file form I-824............"

I am confused. I selected CP in Montreal on the I-140 form and it sounds like they they think that I will apply for 485. Did someone else experience the same?

Any response is appreciated!
logicators

logicators said:
Guys,

Just received a copy of my I-140 approval notice. It says that:

"The above petition has been approved. .................................

I selected CP in Montreal on the I-140 form and it sounds like they they think that I will apply for 485. Did someone else experience the same?

Any response is appreciated!
logicators

Here is a thread which discusses this. I dont think it is a error by USCIS, I have seen many cases atleast 6 (including myslef) to which the USCIS has done this.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1012821#post1012821

ins

I had the same experience. They did the exactly same thing with me. I asked my attorney to make a check on that. Then I got a notice that my case has been forwarded to NVC. This happened on Nov 18, 08. I called NVC today. So far They have not received my I140 approval even after three months. Then I called my attorney again and found out that they want RFE on my I140 . Now they are confused that I am a candidate for CP or I485. I do not know what to do. I call my attorney, she feels that I am bothering her too much.
I guess we have no choice except being on mercy of cis.
Thanks,
Shailendra

My attorney suggested me to forget about CP and file for AOS, and that seems to be the best thing to do in this situaiton. My I-140 is employer independent anyway (EB1-EA) and the most it will do is to cause a delay.