Error in Received Date

usr_local

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I recently got my I485 receipt notice, but the received date is wrong. I filed on jul2 , but the RD is sep 11. How can I get it rectified? I called up the national service center but no use ...

ManWithNoName,

I thought I-485 is processed based on Receipt Date and Not the Priority Date.

What I have gathered is that purpose of Priority Date is to enable some one to apply for I-485 (PD has to be less than cutt off date indicated on visa bulletin for a particular country).

Please confirm if my understanding is not right and if I am wrong, what is the purpose of 'Processing Time frame Date' column on uscis website of 'Processing Time" https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=TSC

Thanks,
WaitingforgCard

waitingforgcard,

I think you are right about RD processing. Based on my understanding, if ABC's PD is June 2005 and RD June 2007, while XYZ's PD is December 2005 but RD is June 2006, then USCIS will process XYZ's case first, based on RD (considering that both PD's are current).

Unfortunately, other factors like name check and internal review of USCIS do delay the cases and as a result we do not see the a pattern based on RD.

Nowadays, USCIS starts processing cases as soon as they get them. Like initiate name check, FPs etc. So, having a RD 9 days later should not make much difference at all for processing your case. But if you feel strongly about it, you can provide USCIS delivery proof and they should be able to correct it.

Proteinpeptide,

Thanks for confirming my doubt. Yes I do agree with you that RD is Not the only factor in getting your I-485 approval as it isbe influenced by delays in background checks etc and that is why we don't have a solid pattern.

I believe that if your background checks are clear, medical records are okay, and no other infomraiton is missing from your file, your I-485 will be processed in the order it was received and will be approved regarless of what PD was.

Thanks,
waitingforgcard.

waitingforgcard,

So, having a RD 9 days later should not make much difference at all for processing your case. But if you feel strongly about it, you can provide USCIS delivery proof and they should be able to correct it.

I guess is 2 months and 9 days...

I am agree with the solution.

I would probably ignore it for now, calculate RD from july 2 ( incase you want to invoke AC21). If UCIS hammers a RFE , show the receipt date proof.

1. As you know that UCIS is struggling to issue receipts to 2,00,000+ filers ( i just made up the number ;-) ) ,If you try to correct this issue now, Its gonna delay other process (namecheck , etc..).

2. what if you don't get a RFE nor u change a job and sail smoothly towards approval?