End of My Journey

leroythelion

Registered Users (C)
My immigration journey ended this morning in Manhattan. After just under 10 years holding various statuses, I became a Citizen. Through the years, this whole message board has been a great help in all aspects. I can remember when it was just a black screen with white text, chock full of great information. Through self petitions for Alien of Extraordinary Ability/National Interest Waiver, consular processing stresses, and finally getting in just as the citizenship backlog of 2007 was becoming unmanageable, I must say it was all worth it as I walked out with my Certificate of Naturalization.

Through the years, I read about delays in many person's cases for various reasons. I must say I was fortunate in that all of my processing times have been in line with posted time.

Good luck everybody. I still have an N-600 to go through for my son, but that's cake. Brian.

Feb '98: Entered on TN
Feb '99: Switched to H1B
July 2001: EB-1 self petition approved
May 2002: Completed consular processing. Entered as Permanent Resident
Jan 2008: US Citizenship

I can understand the journey coming to an end or is it a new beginning?
I myself came in 1996 mid, file couple of greencards with two companies before ditching them, finally in the thick of recession in 2000 filed again, eb2/rir, and finally all wait ending..

Congrats buddy !

My immigration journey ended this morning in Manhattan. After just under 10 years holding various statuses, I became a Citizen. Through the years, this whole message board has been a great help in all aspects. I can remember when it was just a black screen with white text, chock full of great information. Through self petitions for Alien of Extraordinary Ability/National Interest Waiver, consular processing stresses, and finally getting in just as the citizenship backlog of 2007 was becoming unmanageable, I must say it was all worth it as I walked out with my Certificate of Naturalization.

Through the years, I read about delays in many person's cases for various reasons. I must say I was fortunate in that all of my processing times have been in line with posted time.

Good luck everybody. I still have an N-600 to go through for my son, but that's cake. Brian.

Feb '98: Entered on TN
Feb '99: Switched to H1B
July 2001: EB-1 self petition approved
May 2002: Completed consular processing. Entered as Permanent Resident
Jan 2008: US Citizenship

The feeling must be great. I became citizen last week & it feels good :)