emplyoment letter for verification

PraGa

Registered Users (C)
i have got a RFE requiring me to give an employment letter with a complete description of position,date hired,an offer of permanent emplyment, and the salary.
however there is has been an increase in my salary by around 55% since i filed my labour although i have been with the same company and hold the same job description.should it be of any concern?
i would also like to know whether they ask to produce w2 or pay stubs anytime later or during the interview.

I'd like to share some of your extra salary with you if you don't mind.:D -- just kidding!

No problem with salary increase. decline may pose some problem.
Usually they just want current employment verification letter. For the job offer letter, I guess you could only provide the old one which offer you the job at very beginning.

Good luck and keep us posted!:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
isn't that ridiculous

plus it's ridiculous for USCIS to expect that you have the same salary for this long.

You should however emphasize that your job has same description. Try to get your responsibilty and duties as similar to labor as possible.

They just want to make sure that you have similar and same category job and salary is just one factor

Hi

I spoke with my lawyer she said that i should not put more than 20% increase in salary in the letter as USICS may see it as change in job description even if it is not.

I want to believe her but, this raises other questions like
1. do they verify it.
2. do they ask for w2 or pay stubs
3. do they conduct an interview before handing over the GC
4. what will be my excuse if they see the no match in the figures in the letter compared to the one actually earned (in W2 or Paystub).

can some one who know or has gone through this or similar situation help me.

Getting GC is just like getting freedom.

I thank you and appreciate the help.

Thanks
PraGa

PraGa,

I can;t answer your question definitively but based on what I went throuigh during the interview, the hike should not make any difference. However, mentioning the salary in the Employment Letter is a MUST. And yes, they do ask you for the most recent W2s/Tax returns (last 3 years). This is to verify that you were employed by the sponsoring company. No real math there with respect to exact salary figures. Paystubs were not asked for.

Hope that helps.

Jaysee

Salary Increase

Nothing to worry. They approved my case even though my employment letter to them (RFE) shows an increase of 63% salary. Just explain in the cover letter or employment letter that the increase is in line with favorable work performance. additional years of work experience, increased supervisory and other responsibilities, etc.

I also included 2 copies of my pay stubs.

Hope this helps