Employment during first year holding Green Card.

mohanned

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
When I got my green card in 2014, I was going back and forth between US and my home country for the first year since I had no job in US and I was finalizing my stuff back home. I was still working back home however, I was still showing up in US within 6 months with no issues.
I am about to file my N-400 and I am not sure what to put for that first year as employment, will it be Okay to put my employment back home in the first year in the application or should I put it as unemployed? I have also filled taxes that year and I have also mentioned about my employment oversees.

Thank you so much.

Moe

Be truthful. State your employment as it was.
That is what I was thinking to do. But my question will that have any impact on the application? Considering that year is part of the 5 years role but not as a physical presence.
Thanks Susie.

That is what I was thinking to do. But my question will that have any impact on the application? Considering that year is part of the 5 years role but not as a physical presence.
Thanks Susie.
They know you were out the country already...and you paid taxes on what you earned. Trying to pretend you were doing something different can only raise suspicion of why are you lying?
It's never a good idea to put what you "think" "looks good" on an immigration document. Put the truth, after all that is what you sign and swear to on the form.
This is what you don't want: anything revoked because you lied.

They know you were out the country already...and you paid taxes on what you earned. Trying to pretend you were doing something different can only raise suspicion of why are you lying?
It's never a good idea to put what you "think" "looks good" on an immigration document. Put the truth, after all that is what you sign and swear to on the form.
Thanks Susie but I want to go back to the main question, Is it going to be a problem putting as working the first year abroad in the application and at the same time I was not out of US for more than 6 months?

Thanks Susie but I want to go back to the main question, Is it going to be a problem putting as working the first year abroad in the application and at the same time I was not out of US for more than 6 months?

Do you plan on omitting the information if she responds directly by saying yes it will be an issue?

Always, always, always be honest on any application, irrespective of the honest reponses' impact on immigration.