employment based GC - what's next

eelyashev

Registered Users (C)
Can a H1B holder change her job after obtaining a green card or she has to stay and work for a certain period of time?

GC is based on future employment, why would you resign from the sponsor immdly after receiving GC.

I have heard that it would create some issue when you apply for naturalization later on.

6months to 1 year wait period is recommended, though there is no strict guidelines.

Hi thiramax,
When we can change any number of employers during the GC process invoking AC21 portability how can we not change employer after GC is sought ?
And many people have already changed the jobs on AC21. Do you think they will be in trouble? Just asking for confirmation.

As thyramax said,
GC is for future employment while H1 is for current. You need to show good intent.

Does this mean that H1-B holders need to show the good intent and AC21 users need not to show good intent ? May be this is true but it's weird.

I guess there is no hard and fast rule. it might trigger an alert with the VO during naturalization.

With AC21, you indirectly showed your intent by staying with company for 180 days after 140 approval and 485 filing.

To me quitting immldy after GC will look more suspicious...