Employer no pay...

bkms

Registered Users (C)
I going to complain my employer to DOL for no pay in H1B....cos am on bench.

If DOL gets my money back... can i still sue them through an attorney for not paying me for the last 4 months...I am in bad shape becos of them.

Please let me know what kind of lawyer i need to choose for such cases...?

I want to sue them even if DOL gets my money back..because they just exploited me too much..just like any other desi company.

I posted it here becos am applying for GC thru my USC wife...

Hi, I am wondering if you had any experiences with this. I am in a similar position and was never paid what was agreed in my H1b petition and am currently filing a claim with the Department of Labor.

You can certainly sue them with consultation form a competent lawyer. Be prepared to pay the lawyer though.

Hi,

If you have all the proper documents to prove your case you can either file a case with DOL or file a lawsuit against the company in the court (BUT not both). In addition to your past wages, the court will order to pay an interest since the wages were due and some penalty. Filing a case can be a long drawn process but in the end you will win provided you are telling the truth and there is nothing fishy regarding your case.

I myself have usefully sued (while on H1B) and won against one of my previous employers for not paying wages as agreed. If you are filing a lawsuit there will be time limit before which you will have to file the lawsuit. Check with a good lawyer.

I didn't file with DOL but went for a private lawsuit through an attorney.

DL