Employer has multiple branches, can I apply from anywhere?

asterixrc

Registered Users (C)
I'm currently working out of California office but my employer also has an office in Dallas, TX; I guess it is slightly faster in Dallas so can I apply for GC from there?
Do I have to be a resident of TX?

Any beta would be appreciated

Thanks

Originally posted by asterixrc
I'm currently working out of California office but my employer also has an office in Dallas, TX; I guess it is slightly faster in Dallas so can I apply for GC from there?
Do I have to be a resident of TX?

Any beta would be appreciated

Thanks

Not a good idea. Your employment location would state which office you might be working for. If your employer could provide documentation that they intend to place you there in the future, you can file from TX. Legally you need not be a resident of Texas to file the case to TSC, but why do you want to risk it for a couple of months?

hth
dyno

Thanks.

Actually we also have an office in Chicago and Boston, those are much faster I guess.

Since we are stating sometime in future I will work from one of these offices. At what point do I need to actually move there?

Originally posted by asterixrc
Thanks.

Actually we also have an office in Chicago and Boston, those are much faster I guess.

Since we are stating sometime in future I will work from one of these offices. At what point do I need to actually move there?

USCIS doesn't regulate when you should move to the future job's location. But if your local address (address in 485/765/131 forms ) doesn't get covered in service center jurisdiction there is a likelihood of your case being transfered to a local office. Or the other possibility for you would be to use your office address at those locations to avoid the transfer(to some extend).

hth
dyno

Questions related to DOL:

Can the company in California file for a labor certification out of state where the alien is living and working for instance in Delaware state if there is no branch of that company in that state?

Can the company residing in California open a branch in Delaware State and send there employee aliens just to faster get a green card?

Does the Delaware branch have to prove an economical activity in Delaware by having orders from Delaware corporations or it can be any activity (orders) from any other state for instance the branch will be paid by New York corp.?