Eligibility

Hello Everyone,
I need some simple explanation on this matter. I am a green card holder since 2014 and my normal time to file citizenship application should be August 2019 based on 5 years rules. I have lived in the US continuously for about 26 months,I took a temporary assignment overseas for a total of 20 months (But never stayed there more than 4 months at the time). I also had re-entry permit.
I filled all taxes as required by the law and I paid my student loans when I was overseas,I also maintained my US banks and credits CARDS and Driver license.
NOTE: I will have accrued 35 months minimum when eligible.
Now here are my questions:
1. Does this delay my citizenship?
2.I am have permanently moved back to the US.
3. Do I have a good chance?
I will really appreciate your help. Thank you for your time

I think the main issue here is whether you broke "continuous residence". Although absences of less than 6 months (as you had) generally don't break "continuous residence", I am not sure whether they will regard multiple absences spaced close together as one big absence.

I think the main issue here is whether you broke "continuous residence". Although absences of less than 6 months (as you had) generally don't break "continuous residence", I am not sure whether they will regard multiple absences spaced close together as one big absence.
Thanks! I am really confident that I will be alright.

@worldtraveler1230 Good luck with your application! Did you also file state taxes during your long absence from the US? I have a similar story - long absence abroad with re-entry permit that ended 4 years ago. Filed federal taxes as US resident, but did not file state taxes. So I will be answering yes to the relevant tax question. I plan to file 5 years after my return to the US (not filing via 4 yr 1 day rule). Keep us posted, if you please!

@worldtraveler1230 Good luck with your application! Did you also file state taxes during your long absence from the US? I have a similar story - long absence abroad with re-entry permit that ended 4 years ago. Filed federal taxes as US resident, but did not file state taxes. So I will be answering yes to the relevant tax question. I plan to file 5 years after my return to the US (not filing via 4 yr 1 day rule). Keep us posted, if you please!
I am not eligible as of today because I have less than 5 years of GC. I did file all federal taxes. But I din’t Fill 2016 (State Tax). However I think the most important is Federal.
Let me know once you apply as well.

5 years of GC is just one factor.
Other primary factors are continuous physical presence ie time spent within the US, filing taxes as required (does n400 ask about State returns?), and familiarity with the English language.

Yes, the tax question in N400 is blanket - have you ever not filed federal, state and local taxes...something like that. While my answer for federal is always yes, that's not the case for state. I assume that would be the case for anyone with long trips (no in state income or residence). I plan to check with a lawyer as I approach my eligibility date.

Yes, the tax question in N400 is blanket - have you ever not filed federal, state and local taxes...something like that. While my answer for federal is always yes, that's not the case for state. I assume that would be the case for anyone with long trips (no in state income or residence). I plan to check with a lawyer as I approach my eligibility date.
Well if the n400 is worded as such, OP needs to take care of a few loose ends.