• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Eligibility

qwerty21

I was born in the UK but of Nigeria parentage. I want to claim Nigeria as my native country and apply for the Visa Lottery.

Will I be eligible?

What do I have to show that my native country is Nigeria?

Thanks

Are UK citizens excluded from DV?

I am assuming you are a British citizen also. If you were either born in Nigeria or a Nigerian citizen you would be eligible to apply under the Nigerian quota. I could not confirm if UK is one of the countries excluded. Anyway, the 2005 program is over. The next one begins around Nov 2004. Check http://travel.state.gov for updates.

Dual nationality. Both British and Nigeria. So will I be able to apply.

British citizens are excluded.

Thanks

You should be eligible

If you can show a Nigerian passport or a document confirming Nigerian citizenship then you will be eligible. The document verification happens only after you have won the lottery (need lots of luck). In the application, you are asked personal details and country of nativity. The lottery is now in electronic format. I think details on the next lottery will come some time in Oct/Nov. Good luck.