Effect of Crminal charges on the Green card Processing

rajesh Kumar

I am here on H1 visa and got arrested sometime back on some crminal charges. I pleaded not guilty to those charges and went for a Jury trial. I was declared not guilty by the Jury.
Please let me know If these charges in my records are going to impact my Visa renewal or Green card Processing.
Please advise or If some one can advise me some Immigration Lawyer who deal with these cases,that would be very helpful.
thanks in advance

No Title

I was arrested for misdemanor, the charge was reduced to infraction and I was convicted of noncriminal offence.

No Title

I was arrested for misdemanor, the charge was reduced to infraction (violation) and i was convicted of noncriminal offence.

No Title

I was arrested for DUI (first). I pleaded guilty and got 4 months probation. Would I have problem with my greencard processing? Please respond.

No Title

help. My boyfriend has a criminal record dating back to 1995
he has lived here for 30 years . His green card is beyond
expired. Is it possible to get a renewal with out being deported?
He is back on the right track and is staying that way.
he currently has quite a few misdameanors and 1 felony in the 3rd please help we are desporate .

No Title

Help! My boyfriends visa is beyond expired,and he has
an extensive crminal record dating back to 1995
he is back on the right track now and is staying that
way. He has lived here for 30 years. his record is
all misdemeanors with one felony in the thid degre.
will he be deported if he tries to get his green card
renewed? desperately need help.

No Title

the FBI does have records of ALL arrests
even if for a minor class B misdemeanour.
come clean on your I-485 application.
if there was no conviction, you will have no
problems.
but the question on the form does not just ask if
you were convicted. it asks if you were arrested.
and the answer to that is YES in your case.

DISCLAIMER: i am not an immigration lawyer and cannot
be held responsible for non-official non-legal advice!

No Title

Even thogh I do agree with "worried sick", FBI also has a list of citations. Usually on a DUI charge, they look at your records (police) and if you have no prior convictions, u are usually given a citation to appear in court (you are not locked up in the jail) and let go.

Lets put it this way. As long as there was no injury or death involved in your DUI and it was a first offense, it is not a problem. Be sure to tell your attorney about this.

PS : I am not a lawyer. But my lawyer told me this. You have to submit your conviction papers and disposition papers (the one you can get from court after you have served any sentence like DUI school etc;)

No Title

what ever happened...

what ever was the outcome of ur conviction....dont lie on your application. If anything, you might be denied becasue of lieing iF you get caught by the FBI or INS