EB5 has been extended thru 2012? Link

bigbulus

Registered Users (C)
Is this news valid?
http://eb5news.com/congress-extends-eb5-program-years/
According to this, EB5 $500K is extended thru 2012.

I am interested in EB5 Program. I have read EB5 information online and have questions. Let me know if my understanding below is correct.

1. EB5 has 2 options.
a. invest $500K in regional approved area (the program right now is either pending or has been approved thru 2012 as the news above)?
b. invest $1M in your own business and need to make sure that within 2 years, the business must be able to hire 10 US people (the program is current, anyone may enter anytime)?

2. To apply, one must file I-526 and choose investment option 'a' or 'b' above. Approval for I-526 will take around 3-4 months and right after approval, applicant may receive conditional GC?

3. If apply thru $500K, you will receive conditional GC, and your fate depends on the company you invested in. So if in 2yrs that company is able to hire 10 people, you will be permanent GC, otherwise, GC will be canceled and $500K is gone?

4. If apply thru $1M, same thing with above, but you will have more control over the business.

5. Specific question:
I am on H1B and I am a founder of Corporation and a passive investor. Right now, the company is in relatively slow mode, but I believed if I am 100% involved, the company will improve. Can I file EB5, $1M to my own company where I can proof that I have $1M fund commitment available for the business and will be able to hire 10 people in 2 years?

Let me know if my understanding above is correct, especially part that I-526 will take 3-4 months for approval.

EB-5 Investment Visa

I saw your posts and thought to reply with our website. I manage an EB-5 investment center and thought you might be interested. If you have any questions about the EB-5 investment visa program, don't hesitate to ask..

We do all of our investments through Marriott International, Inc. and consider our program the best investment program available through the EB-5 program.

Please reply if you have any questions...

Thanks,

Mike
michael@mountainstatescenter.com

The rules governing EB5 petitions are fairly simple but the scrutiny is exceptionally stringent. You would be best advised to consult a good attorney who has specialized in EB5 cases, the emphasis is that the attorney must have substantial experience in EB5. Please do not take chances!