EB3 to EB2 conversion

bhand11683

Registered Users (C)
My LC was filed in Aug 2003 as (bachelors + 5 years) and hence forth approved in 2006.My lawyer incorrectly filed my I-140 under Eb3 and I got my 140 approved and 485 filed in 2007. My spouse and I have been on EAD for the last 2 years.

My lawyer contacted me a couple of days ago and said if we file a new I-140 under EB2 with premium processing it will be approved under a month. We can then file a 485 and can get approved really fast as EB2 India priority dates are Jan 05 currently. That sums to a GC in a few months.

He is asking for 1800$ fees for all this and another $4000 USCIS filing fee.

Here are my questions

1) Is this even possible ?
2) I am keeping the same job
3) What are the risks ?
4) What do you recommend .

Update on your case

Hello,

Can you please provide me an update whether you have filed your new case by porting your old PD?

If you file it, Did you file LCA again? or You just filed directly I-140 and I-485?

Can you also let me know your attorney details if you recommand him? as i am in the same boat with PD Nov 2003 and i am planning doing the same? Please let me know at the earliest....

Please send me an email to lsrirao@gmail.com

I really appreciate your help...:)

Thanks,
Vijay

My LC was filed in Aug 2003 as (bachelors + 5 years) and hence forth approved in 2006.My lawyer incorrectly filed my I-140 under Eb3 and I got my 140 approved and 485 filed in 2007. My spouse and I have been on EAD for the last 2 years.

My lawyer contacted me a couple of days ago and said if we file a new I-140 under EB2 with premium processing it will be approved under a month. We can then file a 485 and can get approved really fast as EB2 India priority dates are Jan 05 currently. That sums to a GC in a few months.

He is asking for 1800$ fees for all this and another $4000 USCIS filing fee.

Here are my questions

1) Is this even possible ?
2) I am keeping the same job
3) What are the risks ?
4) What do you recommend .