Eb3 - Possible L1a-Eb1 - Any suggestions ?

hoochie

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I am one of the many suffering in the eb3 endless line. I wonk for a really large company doing well and they are willing to send me back to India, bring me back under a Blanket L1a to file eb1.

Couple of questions :

1. Do I need to be back 1 year or 6 months to be eligible for blanket L1a.

2. I have been in the US for 11 years first on H1b then on EAD - Do I need to be out of the country for 1 year before applying for an L1a visa again ?

Let me know you thought / experiences / suggestions.

Thanks, Hoochie

You need to be outside the US working for the same employer (or subsidiary or parent) for 1 year out of the last 3 years, to qualify as EB1C multinational manager. So you will have to leave the US for 1 year.

Note that you don't need an L1 to qualify as EB1C multinational manager. It's just that the criteria for both are similar (though not exactly the same), so it is typical to bring the person in with an L1 and then file the EB1 petition. If you wanted to, after completing the year in India they could directly file a green card petition for you and then you could stay in India to interview for the GC via consular processing, without getting an L1 at all.

Jackolantern,

Thanks much for the insight. Its very good news - I will probably try this route. Since anyway I am managing a significantly large global team. Slowly losing faith that this EB3 will make it anywhere.

Thanks, Hoochie
PD : Aug 2003

Jackolantern,

Thanks much for the insight. Its very good news - I will probably try this route. Since anyway I am managing a significantly large global team. Slowly losing faith that this EB3 will make it anywhere.

Thanks, Hoochie
PD : Aug 2003

If you are managing a global team Just try EB2 here only. So that you need not go out of US. AUg-2003 is current now

I was thinking about that option. However, the 3 year bachelors degree from 17 years back comes in the way ;-)

I just completed my masters - maybe will wait a couple of months and then file EB2.

EB3 to L1A

Hi All,
Greeting!!

I am in the same situation. Having H1B (10th year) and EAD in EB3. EB3 PD is March 2005. My company has offered me to work in India (same company) for a year so that after a year I can come back in L1A. Based on the current job situation, is it a good idea to take this offer. Will there be any issue while coming back to USA?

If I opt for L1A choice, will I loose my EB3 EAD? How can I keep EB3 EAD as a backup plan (to come back to USA)? While going to India should I go with AP (but AP is valid for only one year)?

Thank you all for your great help!!

user_ca.

10th year H1B; EAD in EB3, PD: March 2005.

After carefully weighing the options, I have decided to wait and file and EB2. It seems to be a far safer option and also being fair to Family don't want to move them back and forth etc.

Jackolantern and everyone else thank you all for your suggestions.

Good luck to everyone, Hoochie