EB2 visa numbers availability

pibo

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys, I am wondering how is the situations on EB2 visa numbers? Are people still getting approvals? Is there still visa numbers for EB2?

Thanks.

Yes there are visa numbers for EB2 until at least the end of August. Watch for the September Bulletin coming out around the 10th or so of August to see if the catagory becomes retrogressed like many are projecting for Sept.

Do you see that it would come back to Current after October

Do you see that if there will be any improvement after October

The September bulletin is out, and it says that processing of EB-3 will resume with cut-off dates for China, India and the Philippines (and possibly Mexico) in October. EB-1 and EB-2 remain current for September, but China and India are likely to get cut-off dates in EB-1 and EB-2 from about December. Also in December, they expect to set a worldwide cut-off date for EB-3.

Worse still, they say the cut-off dates will move forward very slowly once established, because there are many more applications being processed than they have visa numbers for.

"The backlog reduction efforts of both Citizenship and Immigration Services, and the Department of Labor continue to result in very heavy demand for Employment-based numbers."

Guess we are being hit by approvals from BRC. Which is good since there are people who have been stuck at labor stage for a long time now.
On the other hand PERM is approved in weeks. What an improvement!!!

I think this is scary ! As INS is committed to removing backlog by end of 2006 and as per INS there are 1.5 million apps in backlog (not sure if they are all 485 or not). Now as per the bulletin above there are only 150,000 visa numbers available in a yr. So is it safe to deduce that most of us are screwed for a long long long time ? Seems like INS is the one who defines the backlog and retrogressing apps is a way to go for them. What a sh**ty hole I am in ! In addition, here is the irony, if you are stuck in a FBI name check (as I am), seems like they will not reserve a visa number for u and will not consider u as a backlog. You can see ur colleagues getting their GCs (filed at the sametime as mine but with faster name checks), while u r stuck in FBI name check and eventually get ur app retrogressed till the eternity. Hats off to USCIS, its logic(if they have any) and its system !

Any thots abt how this INS's 2006 backlog commitment and EB2 visa number availability effects one's chances are most welcome....

total number of applications in backlog is about 4 million
I-485 are somewhere around 1.1 million

dima66a said:
total number of applications in backlog is about 4 million
I-485 are somewhere around 1.1 million

Even if 485 backlog is 1.1 mil. With only 150,000 visa numbers available, how can INS eliminate backlog by EOY 2006 ? There is only one way: "redefine" backlog by retrogressing almost 1 mil apps ? What u guys think ?

Last edited by a moderator: