Eb2-niw I-485 Rfe

nscagony

Registered Users (C)
No clue what its about. Probably something I already submitted twice. I heard they are trying to prune the I-485 queue with random unnecessary RFEs, hoping that people don't get the letter in time or can't get the document together quickly enough.

It looks like a lot of people who didn't get an RFE for the NIW petition have gotten one for the I-485, most commonly for proof that the applicant is still working in the national interest (letter from employer, etc etc). But you're right, some RFEs also do request evidence already submitted. It's a good sign that they've opened your case filed only 9 months ago (not bad for NSC).

Got the RFE after 2+ weeks of waiting. They want a TB skin test and a copy of my J-1 waiver. Both were submitted already with the main packet. I will resubmit the documents again on Monday.

2+ weeks? Did they send it via Singapore?

Anyway, I'm glad it's simple and straightforward. Good luck!

Thanks for all the congrats. And no, the agony isn't over until I will be a citizen and the NSC and USCIS robots won't be able to influence my life any more. You know USCIS's motto: We are not satisfied, until you are not satisfied! One thing I promise. The day I become a citizen I will become politically active to abolish USCIS, fire everyone in upper management, and establish a sound, fair and effective alternative organization. Its not the immigration laws of the US that are the problem, and its really not all the hard working (and I am sure underpaid) IOs that are the issue. USCIS (and NSC especially) are just managed extremely poorly. All their processes are completely ridiculous and convoluted.

Its not the immigration laws of the US that are the problem, and its really not all the hard working (and I am sure underpaid) IOs that are the issue. USCIS (and NSC especially) are just managed extremely poorly. All their processes are completely ridiculous and convoluted.

Can't agree more with being convoluted. Realization will set in once this country loses talent to other countries where the immigration processes are more straightforward. I personally know four strong researchers that just gave up waiting and took attractive positions elsewhere.