EB-1 or EB-2

snippani

Registered Users (C)
Hi:

I have a question pertaining to the Green Card process. I work for a quasi-government organization in a senior position. My current position needs at least a Masters degree with six years of experience, while I have a Doctorate in the field that I am working. I had three years of experience prior to taking up this position. It is assumed that my Grad school experience as a Doctoral Student was considered for this position.

My question is, am I qualified enough to apply for a Green Card under EB-1 category? My Company Attorney says that she is not sure of EB-1, but has no problems filing under EB-2. I have a couple of publications and have a host of other academic credentials like working as an Instructor for two semesters, serving on a panel of Government officials, etc . Please advice.

The company can apply only using minimum qualification required for your position. However, you can apply on your own thru your Ph.D (EB1-EA).

Not a legal advice

EB1today

Do I qualify

I would go with your lawyer's advise and go for EB-2 (assuming you are from a non-retrogressed country), you can even go EB2, NIW.

Best wishes