Easier to get a US visa for former Green Card holders who renounce it?

kminer

Registered Users (C)
After the recent Supreme Court "developments", plus a host of other issues with the US, I'm considering giving up my Green Card and returning to Europe after living in the US for 10+ years.

If I happen to change my mind in the future, would it be any easier to get an immigrant or non-immigrant visa, given that I did qualify for the H-1B once, and did get the Green Card?

Or do I have to start from scratch, along with those who've never lived in the US?

Or would it be harder ("Well you left, now you're coming back? No soup for you!")?

You will be starting from scratch. Any future application will be treated anew based on its own merit.

Anecdotally, for a non-immigrant visa, it helps to overcome the presumption of immigrant intent if you have had a green card and given it up, but it will depend on other factors too.
For an immigrant visa you’d have to start an application from scratch.
Unless tax can get too complicated, another option is to get your citizenship before you leave, then you can return whenever you want (as well as potentially give more options to current or future children, because as you can clearly see a couple of decades can change things a lot).