Early FingerPrinting

vijayrc

Registered Users (C)
1. U can go for early FP in any local office. U dont' lose anything if not allowed.
2. Just walk-in and show your notice and you would be allowed.
3. Dont mention you are coming 'early' of the scheduled date.
4. Go at a time when there isn't much of a crowd.
5. Do have a valid reason, if noticed and asked on why you are coming early ahead of scheduled date..Be nice and talk nice..!
6. First time FPers...I suggest do it on the scheduled date..Doing early wouldn't help..It would only expire early ahead of others, considering the time taken for 485 processing is increasing..!
[I'm cursing myself for having done FP1 early, as I would have been approved, if I had done on scheduled date]
7. You can always do an early FP2. It might help.
8. FP's can also be done in other local offices..! Just don't mention by yourself on this, but be prepared with 'good' reason, if asked.
GOOD LUCK
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Others, Pls feel free to add other tips/hints on early FP to this thread.
===========================================
Moderator:
Time and again, this question on early FP is being asked by
many daily..So can this thread be kept on top

. First time FPers...I suggest do it on the scheduled date..Doing early wouldn't help..It would only expire early ahead of others, considering the time taken for 485 processing is increasing..!

The only point I would like to mention is
My RD is early Jan-02 . Did FP1 late in may-02 as per notice.

Did not receive any FP2 yet.
People who have done early FP1 have either received their approvals or FP2.

So sometimes doing early FP1 is better.

Last edited by a moderator:
vijayrc, Did u try and contact your congressperson ?

Originally posted by vijayrc
1. U can go for early FP in any local office. U dont' lose anything if not allowed.
2. Just walk-in and show your notice and you would be allowed.
3. Dont mention you are coming 'early' of the scheduled date.
4. Go at a time when there isn't much of a crowd.
5. Do have a valid reason, if noticed and asked on why you are coming early ahead of scheduled date..Be nice and talk nice..!
6. First time FPers...I suggest do it on the scheduled date..Doing early wouldn't help..It would only expire early ahead of others, considering the time taken for 485 processing is increasing..!
[I'm cursing myself for having done FP1 early, as I would have been approved, if I had done on scheduled date]
7. You can always do an early FP2. It might help.
8. FP's can also be done in other local offices..! Just don't mention by yourself on this, but be prepared with 'good' reason, if asked.
GOOD LUCK
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Others, Pls feel free to add other tips/hints on early FP to this thread.
Moderator:
Time and again, this question on early FP is being asked by
many daily..So can this thread be kept on top

Well with my posting I may look like veteran, when I am a Jan2002 RD applicant, and there's still time to think of contacting congressman..! I pity those Oct-Nov-Dec Filers who are still waiting..!!