EAD update ...

manwithnoname

Registered Users (C)
... as posted in immigration law website

06/10/2008: USCIS to Issue Two-Year EAD for I-485 Waiters Beginning End of June 2008!

• The Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security announced on 06/09/2008 that the DHS would start issuing two-year EAD beginning from end of June 2008 for the I-485 filers. Hooray!
  • Announcement: "I'm also pleased to announce that we will be extending the validity period of the employment authorization documents that we issue to individuals who are waiting adjustment of status to lawful permit residenture or in colloquial phrase, the green card. Currently, adjustment applications are granted employment authorization documents with only a one year maximum validity. Beginning later this month, we'll start issuing these documents with a two-year validity period for aliens who are waiting adjustment of status if their application is expected to be pending for more than a year. This, again, is eliminating a persistent source of frustration for workers who are here, who have a pending adjustment application but have to go and renew their employment documents every single year. It's going to cut the paperwork there."

I have applied my EAD RD 06/02/2008. Is there any chance that I can get multi-year EAD ??

I mailed my application just this monday & my current EAD expires on 10/05.
Would I be getting 2 years EAD extension of just 1.

Please reply.

I don't know but if they work to the word on the document it takes effect t the end of June but if they don't start working on your renewal until the end of June you should be ok? Then again USCIS seem to work to rule & follow no rules!

Maybe someone else would know the answer to your question?

I mailed my application just this monday & my current EAD expires on 10/05.
Would I be getting 2 years EAD extension of just 1.

Please reply.

Could be 2 years because I would think they'll take at least a month to touch your case and by that time this rule will be all settled in USCIS mind.

Also another thing to look forward to is- USCIS press release says, they'll grant multi year EAD to those who they think 485 will take more than 1 year to approve.
So if you get only one year, then your 485 approval will be soon (within a year). I hope.