ead to h1b - is stamping required-

digest9999

hello,
i am on EAD...got it through eb2..
want to bring my wife and kid from india and they are still on h4. kid is born in india.
inorder to bring them on h4, i was told that i should convert to h1b.
what is the procedure to convert from ead to h1b..will it affect my i485 application.
do i need to go for visa stamping for my h1, inorder to get the h4 stamped for my wife and kid.
or can i just send the h1b approval copy to them for h4 stamping.
i am using ead with the same employer - that filed my GC and he will be filing my h1b.
kindly advise

If you don't go for visa stamping, you'll need to apply for a change of status to H1B. The change of status application can be filed along with the H1B application.

hello,
thanks for the reply.
yes i will be applying for a change of status to h1b and requesting for a i94..
but my question again is:
1. is it required for me to go out and get the stamping done before my wife and kid can go for
h4 stamping?
2. does changing from ead to h1b affects my i485 eb2 application?

You don't need visa stamping for yourself if they approve your change of status. If you apply for the change of status along with the H1B application, the change of status would normally be approved simultaneously with the H1B approval (unless there is something delaying your ability to change status like H1B quota restrictions).

So once your change of status is approved, your wife and child can go for their H4 stamping without you having to go for your own stamping.