Ead/ssn #

rakeshr

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I want to appy for SSN # for my wife based on the EAD.

Does her H4 status change just by applying for SSN, or after she takes up a job ?

My I-140/I-485 are still pending.

Thanks a lot for the help !!

Rakesh

Getting SSN will not change her status. If she uses EAD for job then yes - it will change.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you apply for SSN, you shold provide "legal persense" document. What document are you planning to submit?

H4 or EAD?

Because, SSN will have "NOT VALID FOR EMPLOYMENT" printed just above your wife's name on SSN card if you use H4.

If she need to work, then use EAD instead of H4.

Thanks for the replies !!

I will be using her EAD to get SSN#. I want her to use EAD for employment after my I-140 approval.

My question is does her H4 status change just by applying for SSN#, or after she takes up a job ?

Rakesh

My question is does her H4 status change just by applying for SSN#, or after she takes up a job ?
<sertra>H4 status changes ONLY after she uses EAD for work, and not by applying for SSN.

rakeshr said:
Thanks for the replies !!

I will be using her EAD to get SSN#. I want her to use EAD for employment after my I-140 approval.

Rakesh

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

vangaru said:
When you apply for SSN, you shold provide "legal persense" document. What document are you planning to submit?

H4 or EAD?

Because, SSN will have "NOT VALID FOR EMPLOYMENT" printed just above your wife's name on SSN card if you use H4.

If she need to work, then use EAD instead of H4.

Are you sure you are even allowed to get SSN with H4 these days? It wasn't allowed in 2001 when we came here.