EAD returned by Post Office

Hi SS,
We rang USCIS today though it is only 3 weeks since we gave them the address change. We hit a helpful officer. She said that the address had not been changed in their system and there was no record of our previous conversation giving address change. That was really funny because we had rung up on 2 different days to give address change - the first time for the EAD card, and the the second time for EAD approval letter. The second time the officer spotted that we had called earlier and said we need not have done so again!

Anyway, she changed the address and said she would get the card mailed out to us and we should receive it in 2 - 3 weeks. She didn't recommend going to the local office.

We asked for a reference so this conversation doesn't vanish! She gave us her officer# and name.

It may be worth your ringing up USCIS again.

Regards,
Em

Congrats!
Thanks for letting me know.
I will call USCIS today and try my luck.
Hope I get the same officer.
Will update you later.
- SS

Resend message from USCIS

Hi,
Today there was an e-mail from USCIS stating "On May 25, 2005, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."

We never received any message after the last attempt at correcting the address three weeks ago. Here is hoping that they mailed the EAD card also and to the correct address.

Em

Hi SS & others,
We received the EAD card today :)

6 weeks after I received mine, but both were approved on the same date.

We also found out that the original error was caused by the attorney's clerk typing in the wrong postcode (the suburb was fine). Next problem was the USCIS officer not entering the correct address when we rang up. The letter we received today along with the card clearly states that we rang them up on April 29th, but the address hadn't been changed when we rang on May 24th.

Anyway, through God's grace (I guess it is vital when faced with such possibilities for errors), the card is finally here. It has also been good to use this forum for sharing the problem and getting suggestions.

My best wishes and prayers for a speedy resolution for those of you who are still waiting.

Em

My dependents EAD was lost TWICE. Both times we received the approval letters but not the actual card. USCIS blamed the postal service. Anyway, my lawyer told us at that time that it is legal to work with an EAD approval letter if the employer doesn't insist on the actual EAD card. We applied a third time (requesting a fee waiver) and finally got the EAD card.

Hi all,
I had the same problem. Unfortunately, i had forgotten to put my wife's name on the mailbox, and USPS promptly returned my wife's EAD to CSC. I called them explaining that I have received mine but my wife hasn't because of the mistake I had made. The rep spoke to my wife to confirm her identity and said we can expect a response in a few days. That was in early May.
On 24th, I got an email update 'On May 24, 2005, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service'.
Just a few moments back today (05/31), I got another mail 'the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued'. I am not sure exactly what document they have sent, but hope it's EAD card.

I have a question. Given the approval notice on paper, does it really matter for one to have the EAD card? Is card such an important entity?