EAD returned by Post Office

Em Kay

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My spouse's EAD got returned because they had entered address wrongly - street from the home address and suburb from the company address.

We got a message saying that it had been returned to them by the PO. Rang up and gave the correct address. That was over a week ago. Since then there has been nothing - no LUD, no message.

Has anyone else gone through this? Is there anything we can do about it?

Thanks,
Em

EAD returned by post office...

Em Kay,
I have the same problem. My spouse's ead was returned to the PO on May 3. We called them on May 4.
But no EAD or status change yet. Its been 10 days already.
However, I noticed our 485 LUD changed on May 6.
I am not sure why????

Hi Smit Shah,

There has been no LUD after the change of address. There were one LUD wikth no message change after the FP was received by them.

I have no idea on what can be done about this. USCIS do not even want you to ring them for 30 days.

Let me know if you come to know of any possible course of action.

Best of luck.

Em Kay

I have no idea what's happening...
USCIS wants us to wait for 30 days but I am worried that they would mail the ead to wrong address once again and this time we wouldn't even know since there probably wont be any change in online status.
There were ppl in this forum who recieved thier ead in a week after they updated thier address.
My lawyer says we would have to reapply (3 more months of waiting) if we don't recieve it this time.
Let me know if you have any update on your end.
Good luck.

Hi Smit Shah,
You can also go to the local office and get an Interim EAD 90 days after your original application. When did you apply for the EAD? I think the date in your signature isn't right .
Regards,
Em

My spouse's ead was applied on Feb 20th.
My ead was applied just last week because my lawyer wanted me to remain on H1 as long as possible.
I guess the 90 day rule holds good only if the ead is not been approved and the case is still pending however, in my case the ead is already approved and mailed to us so we cant go to the local office we need to reapply. Its a wierd rule but thats how USCIS functions.
I did some research on this forum and found that there is some fax number where one can fax all his/her details... but I am not sure whats the number...
Its so frustrating cause my wife is on H1 and she wants to leave her current job and live with me as soon as she gets her ead.

Anyways, let me know how it goes.

why not IEAD?

Hi Shah,
Where is the rule that says that you can't apply for an interim EAD if your EAD has already been approved?

Did you get this information from a lawyer? Because my lawyer hasn't ruled out going for an Interim EAD.

Best wishes for a speedy resolution,

Em
P.S:If you find out the fax# or any other please let me know. I will keep you informed too.

Try the local office

Hi Shah,
Thanks for the pointer to other mails. I read through them. My understanding is that some people got EAD issued at the local office, while others were asked to reapply.

So, I think it will very well be worth going to the local office to see whether you can get an EAD card. Since the filing date is Feb 20th, it should be 90 days soon. Why don't you try going to the local office with the EAD receipt, copy of the approval from the web (keep this in reserve and show only if you think it will help the case), and see what they say.

Best of luck,
Em

My EAD experience

1st I485 based EAD, VSC
ND:10/21/04
AD:12/21/05 (on-line message, valid from 12/17/04-12/16/05)

On 1/10/05, called VSC because didn't receive EAD (and never received it), the mailing address is correct, asked to wait for 30 days.

1/22/05, went to Philadelphia USCIS office for iEAD, told can't apply iEAD because EAD was already approved. Had to re-apply a new one.
New EAD:
ND:2/3/05

5/7/05, went to Philadelphia USCIS office for iEAD. Got an EAD valid from 12/17/04-12/16/05 (the same as the 1st and lost EAD). and was told this is not an iEAD, it is a regular EAD.

benjamin1001 said:
1st I485 based EAD, VSC
ND:10/21/04
AD:12/21/05 (on-line message, valid from 12/17/04-12/16/05)

On 1/10/05, called VSC because didn't receive EAD (and never received it), the mailing address is correct, asked to wait for 30 days.

1/22/05, went to Philadelphia USCIS office for iEAD, told can't apply iEAD because EAD was already approved. Had to re-apply a new one.
New EAD:
ND:2/3/05

5/7/05, went to Philadelphia USCIS office for iEAD. Got an EAD valid from 12/17/04-12/16/05 (the same as the 1st and lost EAD). and was told this is not an iEAD, it is a regular EAD.
Hi Benjamin1001,
Thanks for sharing your experience.
I have a quick question:
Was you EAD returned back to USCIS?
Thanks again.
- Smit

VSC Expedite processing fax#

Finally, I found the VSC fax# for expedite processing.
Here's the URL:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/vermont/aboutus.htm

I have copy/pasted the info below:
- SS
------------------------------------------------------------------------
General Expedite Procedures By Fax

The VSC has always been strict with respect to approving requests for special processing. Individuals who are seeking expeditious handling can FAX the Center at (802) 527-4816 to request an expedite.

The fax line is available 24 hours a day. Expedite requests are reviewed Monday through Friday from 8:00AM to 4:00 PM.

General Expedite Procedures By Mail

The VSC will also accept EXPEDITE requests through WRITTEN Correspondence.

A letter requesting the expedite of a case along with any supporting information should be mailed to the VSC. The envelope MUST be marked with "EXPEDITE REQUEST".

Please mail expedite request to:
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Vermont Service Center
ATTN: Expedite Request
75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, VT 05479

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS

A detailed explanation of the situation should be provided in a support letter, and any documentation needed to support the expedite request should also be submitted. Applicants should not submit more than 5 pages of material.

Cases that are not clearly approvable will not be expedited. Requests to expedite petitions or applications that are incomplete will not be granted. All supporting documents not in English must include a certified translation. See “Documents Not in English" section. There is no appeal of the denial of an expedite request. Please see our USCIS Expedited Criteria guidance.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lost EAD

I don't know my lost EAD was returned to USCIS or not.
Based on what I was told by the person from VSC (he told me if the EAD returned to VSC, they will send that to me again, although the address is still the same), I think the EAD was not returned to VSC. So nobody knows where it is now.

Em,
I guess I will try the local office route. The problem is that my wife (and I) are currently in CA so, its a pretty long flight to the nearest VSC local office. We need to plan much in advance. Also, need to take an appointment first. So, I think the earliest we can leave would be next week :(
Will see what happens.
-S

Benjamin,
My problem is that my wife's EAD is returned to VSC (and the online status also says so). USCIS customer service told us that they would re send it. However, its been 15 days since then. I am not sure if they will ever send it. They do not want us to call for 30 days. We are nearing the 90 day timeframe. Not sure if they will issue an iEAD in the local office in our case. The EAD is already been approved but not re-mailed to us after being returned back the first time. Does this qualify as a pending status? I am not sure??

- S

smitshah said:
Benjamin,
My problem is that my wife's EAD is returned to VSC (and the online status also says so). USCIS customer service told us that they would re send it. However, its been 15 days since then. I am not sure if they will ever send it. They do not want us to call for 30 days. We are nearing the 90 day timeframe. Not sure if they will issue an iEAD in the local office in our case. The EAD is already been approved but not re-mailed to us after being returned back the first time. Does this qualify as a pending status? I am not sure??

- S

Hi smitshah.

Please let us know when you receive the EAD. Mine and my wife's were approved on 4/28 but we have not received them so far.

I feel the system for EAD must have messed up.

Hi Shah,
What is the home postcode on your EAD application? I think that will be the basis for which local office you have to go to. Though, I see from the forum that some people have gone to the local office close to them and got the card. So it may be worth giving your closest local office a try before booking a flight!

Best of luck.
Em

Em Kay said:
Hi Shah,
What is the home postcode on your EAD application? I think that will be the basis for which local office you have to go to. Though, I see from the forum that some people have gone to the local office close to them and got the card. So it may be worth giving your closest local office a try before booking a flight!

Best of luck.
Em
Hi Em,
I do not know the post code on my EAD app. According to my "lawyer", local office means those USCIS district offices which comes under VSC (all offices in states like NJ, NY, Pensilvania etc). So, that means I have to fly from one coast to another just to give it a try and knowing that the chances are slim. No one can tell for sure if the USCIS will issue an iEAD in our case.
I was able to schedule an infopass appointment for 7th June. We will be flying to Newark from San Jose.
BTW, our 30 day wait period gets over on June 6th... which means we will be able to call USCIS before leaving for NJ.
It's the only airline ticket that I have purchased with a hope of cancelling it later. I can't wait to to cancel this one ;)

All, plz post your current EAD status. I need to know if I am the only one left.
Good luck.

- SS

Hi SS,
We are still waiting. No news. Can only ring USCIS next monday. Meanwhile, we will be booking an infopass appointment tomorrow, as the 91st day is June 8th. And my spouse will have to travel a long way for the appointmennt too. So we are sitting behind you in the same boat!

I will post USCIS's enlightening :rolleyes: reply when we ring them next Monday.

Best of luck,
Em