EAD renewal

raju321

Registered Users (C)
My case is transferred to Memphis local ins from VSC. My EAD expires end of February. Where should i send my EAD papers for the renewal?

Thanks.

Originally posted by raju321
My case is transferred to Memphis local ins from VSC. My EAD expires end of February. Where should i send my EAD papers for the renewal?

Memphis local office. You will no longer deal with VSC.

My case is also transfered to Memphis on last friday for the I-485 .
What is the time line on this?How long it will take for the interview?

I-485,VSC
ND- Nov 2003.

The Best Way

This is from someboady's exp. at DC Loacl Office.

Apply to loacl office by mail 100 before days(just for safe side) from current EAD exp. date.if you did get approve until 3 to 4 weeks before of your EAD exp., then take info app. for status check then office will renew your EAD and will ask following Wed'day to pick the cards.

As per law,They have to renew before it exp. if you apply.

All the best

Last edited by a moderator:
Talked to Rajiv Khanna,one of his attorney told me that send the application
to main service center and then they will forward to local INS office for
the EAD and AP renewals.

guys this is scary, not i read somewhere in the forum that they send the ead renual at the msc service center if the case is transferred to local office, can any one tell me for sure what is happening, any one with real experince with applying in local office only and not at vsc after the transfer, your help is appreciated

waiting_long said:
Talked to Rajiv Khanna,one of his attorney told me that send the application to main service center and then they will forward to local INS office for the EAD and AP renewals.

The EAD and AP applications should always be filed at the same office that has your I-485 application. Once the case is transferred to a local office, that's NBC/MSC. Filing at the old service center just ensures delays in approval, or at worst having the file lost in transit. It's no different than filing your EAD renewal at CSC when your I-485 is at VSC; yes USCIS will transfer the I-765, but why cause grief for yourself.

Simple rule of thumb, file the EAD/AP to the same office as where the I-485 file is located.

nowadays you need to file EAD/AP renewal to the MSC in the chicago office. Local office no longer deal with them though your file id with them!

i agree with pibo, that is the new rule since dec 2004, it is sad, but i was asking for some expereince witht his kind of thing

My I-485 was transferred from NSC to VSC on 12/15/04 (RD 11/02) but my 3EAD filed on 10/21/04 to NSC was not transferred. On 12/30/04 VSC transferred my I-485 to Cincinnati! What should I do about my EAD?

For my dependent: Is paper filing for EAD renewal still allowed? Does she still need to go to the local ASC for Biometrics if she paper file?

My file was transferred from VSC to local office (Baltimore). I took infopass today and asked where should I apply for EAD? The answer was: for EAD apply to VSC. And for AP, apply to local Baltimore office, in person.

pibo said:
nowadays you need to file EAD/AP renewal to the MSC in the chicago office. Local office no longer deal with them though your file id with them!

EAD Renewal should be filed to the office where your I485 is being processed. So if your I485 was transferred to the local office, then you have to file any related applications there like EAD & AP.

Those filed in Chicago office only pertains to certain category, pls refer to the EAD application procedure or you can see it at the application form.

acc918 said:
EAD Renewal should be filed to the office where your I485 is being processed. So if your I485 was transferred to the local office, then you have to file any related applications there like EAD & AP.

Those filed in Chicago office only pertains to certain category, pls refer to the EAD application procedure or you can see it at the application form.

Yes, I also thought I should file for EAD to Baltimore office after my file was transferred there! But the officer said: file EAD to VSC, and only AP file to Baltimore...I was surprized!

Best thing guys, do eFiling for your EAD and AP both, after filling in all the necessary info and making payment thru credit card/Debit card, automatically it will generate confirmation receipt with all necessary instructions and mailing address where you can send your supporting documents. In few days your local office will send you an appointment letter with date and time

My I-485 was transferred to NYC local office, so I submitted my EAD renewal to this office according to my attorney's advice. Yesterday, my whole package of application was returned from NYC and I am asked to file my application to Chicago Lockbox facility.

NY-NIW said:
My I-485 was transferred to NYC local office, so I submitted my EAD renewal to this office according to my attorney's advice. Yesterday, my whole package of application was returned from NYC and I am asked to file my application to Chicago Lockbox facility.

Any more experience like this? So, do we have to file EAD/AP to Chicago Lockbox facility? My case is also transferred to local office

ceejay said:
Any more experience like this? So, do we have to file EAD/AP to Chicago Lockbox facility? My case is also transferred to local office

Yes, you need to file at Chicago Lockbox facility ONLY.

My law firm filed to VSC (I-765 and I-131). It is their job to forward wherever it needs to go. The Chicago lock box is for family based only.