EAD renewal

pras01 said:
My law firm filed to VSC (I-765 and I-131). It is their job to forward wherever it needs to go. The Chicago lock box is for family based only.

VSC doesnt have that much of time to forward each and every case that guys send to VSC/TSC/NSC to Chicago Office.

They have clearly stated in the PDF document that if you send the application to VSC or whatever, after Dec 31, you would be automatically sent back to your HOME ONLY. No exceptions. I can bet you for this. :p

ceejay said:
Any more experience like this? So, do we have to file EAD/AP to Chicago Lockbox facility? My case is also transferred to local office

Ceejay,

what is the type of your I-485 application? Family based or Employment based.

I had a talk to the immigration at newark today and she told me to submit my application to Vermount. I am really confused now. She clearly told me that only family based application can send to chicago lockbox.

Did you apply for EAD? Did you get receipt notice?

I really dont know where to send it?

Thanks

pras01 said:
My law firm filed to VSC (I-765 and I-131). It is their job to forward wherever it needs to go. The Chicago lock box is for family based only.

Did you get the receipt notice for EAD renewal?

Our 3rd EAD renewals applied at Newark

Joeshibs,

My lawyer applied for our 3rd EAD renewals at Newark after the local transfer. Got the recepits with MSC extension. Dont know exactly where it has processed. May be I think it is National Benefits Center. Both approved on JAN 24 and got the cards too. Hope it helps you.

Thanks
AD (Self & Spouse) : JAN 24,2004
Receipt Number : MSC**********
Employment based.

I got the receipt notice from VSC. 1 weeks later I got an email from VSC that they transferred the I-765 for EAD renewal to their office in Cleveland. Chicago lock Box is for Family-Based only. Unless you are quite sure about your I-485 being in a precise local office (i.e. local office sent you a letter acknowledging that they are now processing your I-485), send the application to your service center.
Here is what happened to my I-485, 12/15/04 NSC transferred it to VSC, 12/31/04 VSC transferred it to Cincinnati. EAD renewal filed in 1/2005 at VSC was transferred to Cleveland. I suspect that the I-485 too was sent to Cleveland via Cincinnati. I never received a letter of Cincinnati about my I-485. They may have just decided that it is not them but another office who has jurisdiction over my case. VSC can track the files exact location on a certain date better than me. Sometimes, the service centers don't even bother to transfer EAD renewals to local office- they just approve it. So my lawyer's advice makes sense.

EAD renew

If I had read NY-NIW's post before I mailed the EAD renewal to NYC local office, I would not have received the return of my package. They ask me to send it to Chicago in a letter saying it is effect on Dec 1, 2004. As NY-NIW has received receipt notice, I will follow the instruction as well.

One Question, on the form, the Renewal says "attach previous employment authorization document". Do I attach the card or copy of the card? Any help is appreciated.

asn485leu said:
If I had read NY-NIW's post before I mailed the EAD renewal to NYC local office, I would not have received the return of my package. They ask me to send it to Chicago in a letter saying it is effect on Dec 1, 2004. As NY-NIW has received receipt notice, I will follow the instruction as well.

One Question, on the form, the Renewal says "attach previous employment authorization document". Do I attach the card or copy of the card? Any help is appreciated.

Send a copy of your EAD(front n back) to Chicago Lockbox office to avoid any further delays.

3EAD Application Transfered from VSC to Atlanta

I paper filed my 3EAD to VSC.
I got the following email 3 times on 2/9. It says my EAD Application transfered from VSC to Atlanta.

Why are they transfering to local office?
Why after 40+ days?
Please share your experiences/thoughts.

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: EAC0606451XXX

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

On February 9, 2006, we transferred your I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT
AUTHORIZATION to an office in ATLANTA, GA for processing. Our office in ATLANTA,
GA will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You
should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a
local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283
to receive information about local office processing times.