EAD renewal waiting and driver license situation

Vittel

Hello everyone! My first EAD will be expired first days in November. I applied for new one back in August. Check case status website says: On August 20, 2021, we received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
I still didn’t receive anything. So my question what’s going to happen when all my papers are expired in November? I heard that when they receive my new case they postpone my old papers for 6 months. I was just wondering if it’s true or no? And also what to do with driver license? Because my license expires on same day with EAD
Located in MA

Thank you for any help!!!

Last edited:
If an EAD renewal is applied for an I-485-based EAD (category C9) before the EAD expires, then your work authorization is automatically extended until 180 days after the EAD expired, and the old EAD plus EAD renewal receipt can be used to work. However, that doesn't mean Massachusetts will accept such a combination as legal presence documents for its driver's licenses. I can't find any information online about whether they accept this or not, so you may have to just go to the RMV and try.