EAD renewal under c-8 category

rshar

My current EAD is up for renewal in few days. My question is: is it still free to do the renew if your EAD is through asylum? or do I have to send a check for $380 along with the I-765 form because is it a renewal and not a first time EAD

Thanks

First time is only free. Anyway, now you get 2 years of validity so its like $190 a year which is good.

Thanks. Ok so I applied for renewal but used a different address (used my work address) since I might move in the near future before USCIS finishes processing the renewal.

The address I used for the renewal is different that the address I used for the previous EAD application. Does that affect the processing time?

Thanks so much!

It should not but you might get an RFE asking why your mailing address is different than the address they have on file.
So I would say the chances are 50-50.

sadsoul Thanks so much for the reply. I got the notice action receipt today that USCIS has received the application and they are processing it. So I think they don't need any additional evidence, huh?

So I got another letter from USCIS that says my application has been transferred to the Potomac service center in Arlington, VA
I filled my application in Chicago, IL. What does that mean when they transfer the application to a different service center? should I expect more processing time now?

Thanks!