EAD renewal: seperately or together

GCJourney

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

I have to renew the 3rd EAD by self for my wife and me. Should we file seperately (i.e. via 2 envelops) or together?

thank you in advance.

Originally posted by GCJourney
Hi Guys,

I have to renew the 3rd EAD by self for my wife and me. Should we file seperately (i.e. via 2 envelops) or together?

thank you in advance.

It is advisable to file together since derivative applicant EAD is based on the primary applicant case.

It is not necessary to apply together. We already applied EAD 3 times. All the times my wife application went first, and couple months after my application. First time we applied together, I got RFE regarding my photos. Since then we applied differently.

To save postage, put them together but different covers. So that BCIS will not mix up.

In my case, we applied in individually and everything went fine. We thought it would be less confusion for them if we send them in two different envelops and by sending in one envelop and tieing the two application together, we decided to go separalty.

Do not apply together

In my experience, for the second EAD i sent together the two applications and it was a complete mess.

I got mine approved with my wife's pictures.

It took 4 months to fix the problem.

Originally posted by GCJourney
Hi Guys,

thank you in advance.

This is what I did and didn't have any problems:

Sent them under a common cover letter in the same envelope but separated the 2 applications using clips and attached 2 separate checks.