~EAD renewal question~

lsschicago

I filed my EAD renewal request on May 8, 2003 with the Chicago local office. My attorney told me that, for EAD renewal, there is no receipt and they will simply send me a letter for appointment. My question is:

What if I don't receive anything in 90 days? Since I don't have a receipt, i.e. a proof that I filed the request in early May, can I go to the INS office myself?

And......does anyone here have an EAD renewal experience with the Chicago local office? How long does it take to get it?

Thanx a million!

EAD renewal in Chicago

I was told the same thing....i filed for my wife's EAD renewal last week....please keep me posted if u hear anything from BCIS

Hi,

Guys,

You filed form I-765 for renewal of EAD right? Did you guys submitted any document also with that form? Because in the form it says that attache all the documentation.

Did you attach previous employment authorization document?

Thanks in advance for help.

Sonviraj.

if you sent your EAD paperwork at the local office / you should have sent it with a return reciept.. that way you have proof of when you mailed your papers.

If you don't hear from INS in 90 days from the day you sent your EAD you can request an Interim Work Authorization document in person at your local INS office.

HTH

on Edit: Chicago is currently taking 45-90 days to process an EAD application

http://shusterman.com/aos1.html#7

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a renewal EAD for the SF office? And how far in advance can I apply for the renewal?

Thanks for the reply. I was just looking at SF BCIS' website and found that it says "You may submit your application for renewal up to 30 days prior to the expiration of your EAD."

Boy, would that be a problem! My EAD expires in mid June 2004 but I was hoping to work starting beg/mid June! Is there anyway to speed it up??