EAD Renewal: efile vs paper file

bsk2

Registered Users (C)
What do you guys recommend? E-file or paper file? Are the cases efiled processed quickly? How long does it take to get the receipt in either case? Any input is appreciated.

I-140/I-485/I-765: RD AUG 14,2003
I-140 AD:MAR 3, 2004,
I 765 AD: OCT 7, 2003

Also, how soon do you guys file for renewal?

bsk2 said:
What do you guys recommend? E-file or paper file? Are the cases efiled processed quickly? How long does it take to get the receipt in either case? Any input is appreciated.

I-140/I-485/I-765: RD AUG 14,2003
I-140 AD:MAR 3, 2004,
I 765 AD: OCT 7, 2003

Also, how soon do you guys file for renewal?
For e-file the receipt number is generated when you submit your application (This is automatic generation of receipt number). I dont know which is faster. I guess e-file will be by atleast 7 days because you get the receipt number immediately. Otherwise it will take atleast 7 days to get the application entered into their system.

dazzling said:
For e-file the receipt number is generated when you submit your application (This is automatic generation of receipt number). I dont know which is faster. I guess e-file will be by atleast 7 days because you get the receipt number immediately. Otherwise it will take atleast 7 days to get the application entered into their system.

On the other hand, you need to schedule an appointment with them - for taking ADIT pictures. Unless you get the appointment immediately after applying, you will probably end up loosing that 7 days advantage. In my view, I will rather receive my EAD 7 days late, than going to USCIS support center and stand in line for hours.

pralay said:
On the other hand, you need to schedule an appointment with them - for taking ADIT pictures. Unless you get the appointment immediately after applying, you will probably end up loosing that 7 days advantage. In my view, I will rather receive my EAD 7 days late, than going to USCIS support center and stand in line for hours.
Hmm .. I did not know that USCIS take photos. I thought we had to send these alongwith all the other documents that are required to be sent .... Definitely, pralay your point makes sense.

I need to e-file my EAD, I entered using AP last time. Which of the following 3 categories should I use for the following two fields?

1. Manner of Last Entry into the U.S.:
2. Current Immigration Status:

DE: Parolee (Deferred Inspection)
DT: Parolee (District / POE Auth)
PAR: Parolee

Thanks

kjkool said:
I need to e-file my EAD, I entered using AP last time. Which of the following 3 categories should I use for the following two fields?

1. Manner of Last Entry into the U.S.:
2. Current Immigration Status:

DE: Parolee (Deferred Inspection)
DT: Parolee (District / POE Auth)
PAR: Parolee

Thanks

1. PAR
2. Your current status. If you are currently working on H1, write "H1B". If your H1 is expired and working on EAD then you can write "EAD (I-485 pending)".

Believe Me!

The paper filing is better. Since I field through e-filing, my case and as well as my wife's case took more time and INS sent us RFE at the end of the process.