EAD Renewal - Denied

gcnotbad

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I just got an email nofitication from CRS that my wife's EAD renewal got denied. Reasons yet to see. Gurus, pls share your experience.

She got her first EAD when we applied for 485 last July and she is working using the current EAD which will expire Oct'4 2008. I assume that she must discontinue her job on or before Oct'4 2008.
Question is how shoud we document that ?

Hi,

I just got an email nofitication from CRS that my wife's EAD renewal got denied. Reasons yet to see. Gurus, pls share your experience.

She got her first EAD when we applied for 485 last July and she is working using the current EAD which will expire Oct'4 2008. I assume that she must discontinue her job on or before Oct'4 2008.
Question is how shoud we document that ?

Document what? you need valid EAD to continue work or oherwise she should quite working. You have to wait to see the reason of denial to act accordingly. some of the reasons (incorrect fees, non signed form, denied or approved I-485, fraud, .......)

Okay, got the notice today and below is the reason for denial. But it is a mistake of USCIS that they looked at the wrong A#. Guys, please advice how to proceed.

==========

A review of your service file and USCIS records indicates that you were granted Lawful Permanent Resident status on July 22,2008. Therefore , you are not eligible to apply for emploment authorization, and Form I-765 must be denied.

Okay, got the notice today and below is the reason for denial. But it is a mistake of USCIS that they looked at the wrong A#. Guys, please advice how to proceed.

==========

A review of your service file and USCIS records indicates that you were granted Lawful Permanent Resident status on July 22,2008. Therefore , you are not eligible to apply for emploment authorization, and Form I-765 must be denied.

Hey, this looks like a good news to me. Looks like you have already been granted the green card by USCIS. Did you check your status online? You can present this document to your wife's employer and she can continue to work based on this. I am not an expert here, but this is whatever I have gathered till now. I believe if they have issued the GC in July, you'll be receiving the GC in your mail anytime soon. Good luck!

(PS: My EAD expires on 10/11, and I am in the same shoes. I would have to quit working if I don't receive the EAD renewal by then).

Have they mentioned the A# in the denial document? Even if it is the case of wrong A#, you can get that verified by going in to the local service center and hopefully they will try to work with you ASAP.

Adityg,

I wish they were right. but not....

I did check the online status and 485 is still pending.We don't even close to priority date to be approved. so it's clerely a big mistake.

Yes they did mention wrong A# in the denial notice. I guess we can call them and re-open the application.

Adityg,

I wish they were right. but not....

I did check the online status and 485 is still pending.We don't even close to priority date to be approved. so it's clerely a big mistake.

Yes they did mention wrong A# in the denial notice. I guess we can call them and re-open the application.

gcnotbad,

I suggest to try to get a Infopass appointment going and explain to the officer the reason. Clearly missmatch in A# can cause this scenario.

My wife called USCIS yesterday and spoke to immigration Officer (that what that person claimed) and was informed that they will re-open the case. Today my wife called them again to make sure they really did open the case, guess what there was no record of my wife's yesterday call. Today she was told again case will be re-opened and should wait 30-45 days before hear anything. The current EAD is expiring tomorrow and she has resigned her job.

Now about the INFOPASS, I guess we need to wait 90 days before get a pass under any situation. We applied the EAD on Aug 13 and I think we need to wait until Oct'13.

Given the current economy situation, not easy to get the job again and still we need to eat, pay bills etc...Clearly they don't really understand (or care) how much we would suffer the mistake they did. God help us.....

My wife called USCIS yesterday and spoke to immigration Officer (that what that person claimed) and was informed that they will re-open the case. Today my wife called them again to make sure they really did open the case, guess what there was no record of my wife's yesterday call. Today she was told again case will be re-opened and should wait 30-45 days before hear anything. The current EAD is expiring tomorrow and she has resigned her job.

Now about the INFOPASS, I guess we need to wait 90 days before get a pass under any situation. We applied the EAD on Aug 13 and I think we need to wait until Oct'13.

Given the current economy situation, not easy to get the job again and still we need to eat, pay bills etc...Clearly they don't really understand (or care) how much we would suffer the mistake they did. God help us.....

I am so sorry to hear about your wife's job. I wish the employer atleast gets supportive in such case? Couldn't she take some time off from work while you are waiting for the renewal? I am planning to do the same starting next week once my EAD expires.

gcnotbad :

Thats just not freaking right ! As usual, someone or the other always pays for USCIS mistakes. Ofcourse they would not care. They will take their own sweet time, while life changing events cruise by for us.

Sorry to hear your wife is in the situation where she is. Sometimes, its tough to look at her say "Its nothing we did not do, or its nothing that I missed, its truly their mistake". But there is not much you can do.

Although most of the forum members and many others are saying Interim EAD is not available, there are some postings here and there where people are calling USCIS and they are asking to talk to IO and get a Interim EAD.

Worth a shot maybe.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Nervewreck & Adityg,
Thank you for your support and concern. After couple of calls to USCIS last week, I "think" they re-opened the case. We are going to wait by end of this week to see any LUD, if there isn't any change we will proceed with INFOPASS.

I will keep you all updated. Thanks again,

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,
My wife had received the renewed EAD card yesterday.Apparently it was their mistake so they re-opened the case and proceesed it.

Hi - I wanted to share my experience with USCIS Texas Service Center. My I 765 and I 131 got denied due to the records reflecting that I have now become a permanent resident

Anyways, amidst all this stress the Texas Service Center has been super helpful and have kept me posted on my case. I was desperate and going to contact congresswomen/ senator and all but now I just feel maybe I might get some resolution soon enough. Hoping for the best ! I will keep you all posted on my case. My denial notice came in mail on Jan 28 at this time my case in transit to office who initially processed it.