EAD renewal by paper or E-file??

GCLookup

Banned
I am ready to apply for my 3rd EAD. Has anybody done E-file for EAD renewal? I wanted to know if E-file makes process faster?

Also if I file by paper, Where do I need to send the EAD renewal application?( As per instruction on I-765, it says
"If your response to question 16 is (c)(9), file your application
at the same local INS office or Service Center where you
submitted your adjustment of status application."

My service center is NSC , but which address I suppose to send EAD renewal application???

Until now , my company's lawer use to take care of all my immigration matters, but last week I got laid off.. So I have to figure out myself. I don't think old lawer will respond to any of my q/s.

Is it good idea to hire lawer for EAD renewal? Or can it be done by myself?

Any ideas??

My deatils
RD 11/2001
ND 12/2001
FP 05/2002
RFE respnded 05/2003
AD ????

you can do it u'r self. It will take atmost 10 mins for the entire process.
I am planning to apply for my 3rd EAD also( I did my provious 2 EAD myself)
Most of the local offices do not process the EAD anymore, so u have to apply to service center where u'r 485 application is pending now.
Also make sure u apply 90 days b4 u'r old EAD expires
because if u do not get EAD by 90 days from u'r RD u can get an interim EAD from u'r local office(after 90 days from u'r RD).
I have'nt decided on electronic/paper yet.
-DJ
RD JAN 03,2002
ND JAN 08,2002
FP OCT 24,2002
AD ?
No RFE so far

Dear GCLookup

Here is the link for where to send any application. Locate I765 and use the corresponding address.

http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/nebraska/aboutus.htm

For now this is the address to send I765 but first check the link above and make sure you use the correct ZIP.

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services
Nebraska Service Center
P.O. Box 87765, Lincoln, NE 68501-7765

Do it yourself , it's as simple as filing your taxes online ..

I filed it electronically and my EAD was approved in 60 days.

3rd EAD

I applied by mail and it took 60 days...

I sent my application to this address using UPS:

BCIS Nebraska Service Center
850 "S" street,
PO Box 87765
LINCOLN, NE 68508

I know UPS and FedEx does not accept PO BOX..so I wrote PO BOX in the attention line....

I did it online, today is 89th day. No news yet. I'd say stick to the old method, mail in your application with supporting documents and pictures.

Maybe online is better, so that you will have the receipt and information correct doing online. If possible mail color copies of your supporting documentation to avoid any queries on color copies.

questions w/o *

When we e-file EAD renewal, is it a problem if we don't answer a question that has no * next to it?

Thos are not supposed to be mandatory. I am not sure of my last date of entry and it would be a pain ($$) to contact my lawyer to see what he put in into the original application.

Anyone done this?

Normann,
it would be stamped on u'r I-94 and also u'r passport
-DJ
RD JAN 03,2002
ND JAN 08,2002
FP OCT 24,2002
AD ?
No RFE so far

Well it was not stamped on my passport or anywhere else. The officer just looked on our I94s and let us in since we had some 2 weeks left on it. It was weird, but it was in El Paso, TX border crossing. So apart from the interview we had on the consulate in Juarez, there was no record of us leaving the country, thus I was not sure if my lawyer has used this date, or the original date when we have come to the USA first.

Anyways I ended up calling my lawyer and they told me they have used the date we came through the El Paso border on the original EAD application, eventhough there were no stamp whatsoever, still that was the last entry.

I guess we can add this story to the list.... on the other hand this was before 9/11...

Last edited by a moderator: