EAD renewal by myself....will the lawyer get a copy of the receipt notice ?

pururwa

Registered Users (C)
I am applying for EAD renewal myself to save some money. Those of you who did the same in the past please help me with the following:

1.) I used the lawyer for filing I-485 and the initial EAD/AP. Now that I am applying myself, will he still get a copy of the receipt notice as USCIS may have him on the record as my attorney. I don't want to let him know unless its absolutely necessary.

2.) Can I use regular USPS certified mail to send the application? Or do I have to use a private courier such as FedEx?

3.) My wife has always used the same name, in fact her maiden name was the same as her name after marriage. What should I write in the section "other names used" ? Shall I leave it blank or put "None" in it?

Thanks a lot
-P

Last edited by a moderator:
Answers below:
1. No, provided you do not fill out G-28 **** My Guess ****
2. Unless it is a P.O. box address, either way is okay.
3. I would write 'None'.

I am applying for EAD renewal myself to save some money. Those of you who did the same in the past please help me with the following:

1.) I used the lawyer for filing I-485 and the initial EAD/AP. Now that I am applying myself, will he still get a copy of the receipt notice as USCIS may have him on the record as my attorney. I don't want to let him know unless its absolutely necessary.

2.) Can I use regular USPS certified mail to send the application? Or do I have to use a private courier such as FedEx?

3.) My wife has always used the same name, in fact her maiden name was the same as her name after marriage. What should I write in the section "other names used" ? Shall I leave it blank or put "None" in it?

Thanks a lot
-P

I usually send any thing (applications, RFE ......) by first class mail (the cheapest mail you can imagine)

what address do you send your letters (RFE, petitions etc.) to?

I usually send any thing (applications, RFE ......) by first class mail (the cheapest mail you can imagine)

what address should I use to send my I-765 if I want to mail using the certified USPS mail?
thanks

You can also send it using Priority mail Flat rate, it's around $6 + Tax, it comes with a tracking # and they dont charge based on the weight, as it's a flat rate. I believe this by default does not provide you signature confirmation / certified mail, you can get either of the service for ~$3.

what address do I sent it to for NSC?

You can also send it using Priority mail Flat rate, it's around $6 + Tax, it comes with a tracking # and they dont charge based on the weight, as it's a flat rate. I believe this by default does not provide you signature confirmation / certified mail, you can get either of the service for ~$3.

Can I use the P O Box address for the priority mail?